Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:56:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Freelance wargaming illustrations and writing services!  (Read 936 times)

Offline jawd500

• Bookworm
Hello! Do you have an idea for a character, a race or a miniature you've ever wanted to see drawn? Or perhaps you've got an idea for a wargames setting or a short story you'd like to explore? Well then this may be of some interest!

I do black and white pen and ink characters for sci fi, fantasy, steampunk and any other genre you care to think of. If you've got an idea for a figure or miniature you want to see visualised, get in touch! Things I can do include but are not limited to:
- pictures of your friends immortalised in your fantasy/ sci fi world
- character/ race concept sketches
- miniature set concept sketches
- sprue layouts! For if you've ever wanted to imagine what your dream miniature set might look like on a frame.

A4 drawings in the above categories are priced at £15 each. Standard concept sketches include two full-figure drawings and 3 focus areas (e.g. heads/ weapons) each. If you have a specific idea that isn't included above, feel free to drop me a line and we can work things out from there. Turnaround times are typically 24-48 hrs.

Additionally, I also offer a writing service! World-builders and commercial sellers take note.

As a former editor of a wargames magazine, I regularly wrote fiction, lore and battle reports for each issue, doing short stories and vignettes typically around 200-2,0000 words. Perhaps you've got a campaign that needs some running commentary, or perhaps you've got an original IP you're looking to flesh out? Then I'd be happy to oblige! My rate is 3p a word, minimum 500 words, turnaround times 24-28hrs.

Alternatively, if you're a commercial seller who needs some blurb for the website, or just a bit of proofing, don't hesitate to get in contact - rates can be determined depending on the scope of work.

Art and a fiction sample are attached below.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:47:17 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline jawd500

• Bookworm
Re: Freelance wargaming illustrations and writing services!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 07:29:45 PM »
Writing Sample:

Mean Streets 2084 -

This was fiction written for the January issue of Miniature Wargames as part of a multi-segment feature. Mean Streets 2084 was written as a homage to the dystopian films of the 80's and 90's such as Escape from New York. Set in an overcrowded and divided future America, the scenario pitted desperate rebels against an Orwellian police force known as the A.P.E.S.