Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686475
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: size comparison b/w 1st Corps Agema Cavalry and Aventine Successor Companions  (Read 2099 times)

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
Hi.   I'm wanting to use both the excellent  looking  1st Corps Agema Cavalry with half barding  and Aventine Successor Companions Cavalry in the same unit.    I believe 1st Corps are generally a bit smaller but I've recently bought a couple of elephants from them which are actually a bit bigger than the Victrix and Hail Caesar Elephants.    So I'm hopeful their cav may also be on the " larger side "  for 1:56 scale.   Has anyone got both and able to advise how they would go together ?     Thanks a lot in advance.   

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
Hi, I have the 1st Corps figures and if not the exact Aventine figures you mention  an Aventine Seleucid army. When I get home I will check them. If you send me your e-mail address I can send you some comparison pictures.

Regards

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
Thanks  SJWi.  Might be best to post the pics here so everyone interested can see.   

Offline Aventine

• Scientist
Just be aware that the horses in our Companion packs are slightly taller than those of the standard horse used for the majority of the successor range.

Keith
Aventine Miniatures.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
Sgzleada71, I've never cracked how to post photos here so if you want some comparison shots please PM me your e-mail address.

Thanks

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
Thanks to SJWi for the comparison photos below. 

Offline sgzleada71

• Scientist
side on

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Good match to my potato shaped eyeballs! I would be happy using these together.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Jjonas

• Scientist
  • Ancient Modeler
    • Ancient Hellenistic Battles mostly
The 1st Corps Seleucid cavalry are indeed larger than their infantry, and fit better with jumbo 28mm figures. Side by side the 1st Corps cataphracts work well with both Aventine and Relic, which gives one a number of different looks for their Agema, Mede, and line cataphract units in a Seleucid force. I find the 1st Corps figures to be easy to paint.

These are from Paul Rigby's collection and appear in a WAB recreation of A Seleucid vs. Ptolemaic fracas a while back before Aventine or Relic were in play. They are actually about equal to Foundry cavalry in size, and are a bit larger than Old Glory.

https://ancientbattles.com/seleucid_games/SyrianWars/Panion_Scenario/Panion_slide_07.htm

https://ancientbattles.com/seleucid_games/SyrianWars/Panion_Scenario/Panion_slide_09.htm

https://ancientbattles.com/seleucid_games/SyrianWars/Panion_Scenario/Panion_slide_19.htm
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 07:48:47 PM by Jjonas »
JJonas