Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Escape from Stalingrad Z  (Read 3760 times)

Offline Earthdogs

• Bookworm
Escape from Stalingrad Z
« on: January 17, 2021, 11:57:51 AM »
Hey Gang, I am new hear and thank you for having me. I am working on a set of WWWII rules and would like to share it's development with you as it gears up for playtesting. Here is some info on the game and an image of the first zombie miniature design.

Escape from Stalingrad Z is a Weird World War II historical fiction game designed for solo and coop game. If the escape from the hell fire of Stalingrad was not enough, now you have zombies to contend with. German and Soviet soldiers team up together to survive the apocalypse.
     The game plays out over a set of linked Missions that form a Campaign. Each previous engagement in the Campaign will affect the start of the next. Set in the last months of the Stalingrad conflict, there are many factors to overcome if your troopers are to survive. Low ammunition, wounds, lack of food and the bitter cold are your enemies as much as your opponent. Each of your soldiers is a unique character with attributes and skills as well as a background story. The survival of your troops depends upon your ability to conserve resources and exploit your enemy’s weaknesses. You will need to choose your battles wisely; sometimes stealth is more important than firepower.
     The action occurs on a battlefield consisting of one or more terrain boards representing the ruined cityscape of Stalingrad.  Map boards depict bombed out factories, rubble streets, destroyed homes and more. Each Mission will detail how to lay out the boards and what objectives are necessary to be victorious. The going will be tough and not all will survive.

Thanks for checking it out and all the best

Marco Pecota

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Escape from Stalingrad Z
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 06:27:20 PM »
That sounds like a very interesting idea. I like the idea of having the historical Stalingrad setting and then adding zombies.
That is what I tend to do with my Zombie games. Good luck with the venture and keep us posted.

Offline Earthdogs

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 09:30:08 PM »
That sounds like a very interesting idea. I like the idea of having the historical Stalingrad setting and then adding zombies.
That is what I tend to do with my Zombie games. Good luck with the venture and keep us posted.

Thanks very much. I am very excited about its development.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 09:39:13 PM by Earthdogs »

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 09:34:22 PM »
If interested you can check out our  Facebook group ...

You can also just continue to post news here. It seems pretty poor form to just use this forum as a way to direct traffic away from it

Offline Earthdogs

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 09:38:46 PM »
You can also just continue to post news here. It seems pretty poor form to just use this forum as a way to direct traffic away from it
Sorry, I do plan to continue to post here. I deleted the link

Offline Earthdogs

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 09:47:36 PM »
Here is a small bit of lore that I wrote for the development of the game.

THE LOST FILES
of PROJECT RIESE

Characteristics of the
Zombie Infection

Dear TB,   

It appears that there was some knowledge of the potential danger of the zombie infection before its surfacing in late 1942. New documents recovered from the Owl Mountains seem to indicate that the origin is not likely terrestrial, however it does appear to be some sort of living being. First thought to be a virus it has become evident, according to these documents recovered from Project Riese, that it is in fact fungal and parasitic in nature. 

My train is arriving in Istanbul so I must cut this short but I will write to you soon with the other news I have uncovered.

Find attached a photo of experimentation on the common ant.

Yours truly,

L M Chargell

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 07:49:33 AM »
Love the idea of a Cordyceps type fungi - will watch this thread with interest.

Offline Earthdogs

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 10:43:25 AM »
Love the idea of a Cordyceps type fungi - will watch this thread with interest.
Thanks, such a great horrific naturally occurring organism. These zombies will be going down the scientific route of creation instead of the more typical supernatural.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 07:46:29 PM »
Sweet!
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Earthdogs

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 10:23:23 AM »
Here is the finished first zombie. I had the artist remove the extra helmet. More sculpts to come soon.

Offline Earthdogs

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 06:28:55 PM »
Here we have our newest miniature sculpt by Ludwik Łukaszewski. Unterfeldwebel Steiner.

Offline Earthdogs

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 09:24:01 AM »
Another German soldier figure in the works. Let me know what you think.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 11:31:47 AM »
I also like the fungus idea and the Stalingrad link to Project Riese (Project Giant) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Riese)

On another point the grenadier advancing in greatcoat looks a bit odd cannot quite put my finger on why.  Maybe the hang of the coat is not quite right or an optical illusion? 
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Earthdogs

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 11:53:43 AM »
I also like the fungus idea and the Stalingrad link to Project Riese (Project Giant) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Riese)

On another point the grenadier advancing in greatcoat looks a bit odd cannot quite put my finger on why.  Maybe the hang of the coat is not quite right or an optical illusion?

Thanks. I get what you are saying now that I look at it a bit closer. The back knee is higher than the front and back calf thinner. I am going to get that corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 12:53:08 PM »
Thanks. I get what you are saying now that I look at it a bit closer. The back knee is higher than the front and back calf thinner. I am going to get that corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

I have looked at it again and some WW2 photos.  The greatcoat is double breasted and the line of the coat flap might need to be extended something like below?