Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re-Basing... Oh the pain! It's the HG Div's turn  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re-Basing... Oh the pain! It's the HG Div's turn
« on: March 14, 2021, 11:02:45 PM »
It's only a little bit of pain. I wasn't really happy with the way my 20mm troops were based and I'm to do the job.
I'm re-basing for O Group. I've played plenty of Chain of Command but I'm really happy to have something that plays at a grander scale.
So I started on my British and I'm now moving on to the variety of German troops that I have before getting to the U.S.

More pics and details on my blog at: https://this20mmworldatwar.blogspot.com/2021/03/o-group-and-big-re-basing-project.html

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:51:54 PM by Melnibonean »
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Re-Basing... Oh the pain!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 12:21:42 AM »
Yes, re-basing is pain in the ____.
I'm also going through it now with my 20mm WWII.

Your blog is a nice read. Have not seen it before.

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 12:56:53 AM »
Sorry I don't understand.
I mean I know what "Re" means in front of a word and I understand "basing"
But when you put the two together my mind just goes blank lol

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 01:46:59 AM »
For the first time ever....I re-based and re-painted 12 African bearers this week that I had painted 25 years or so ago. Never used them in any games but boy am I ever glad I spent the time to re-do them. Now I feel they are worthy of being on the game table!! I feel your pain...nice work!!
Regards,
Hitman
😎
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 07:55:06 AM »
These have come out well.

O Group got me to rebase some singles and paired figures onto larger bases to act as combat patrols.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Re-Basing... Oh the pain! Germans this time.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 07:15:34 AM »
It took me a while to get more rebasing done for 'O' Group. To get these guys up to strength I needed to paint up another company as well as a battalion command base and some extra heavy weapons. But they 're done so I least I can try out the rules using the scenario in the rule book.

More pics and other stuff on my blog at: https://this20mmworldatwar.blogspot.com/2021/03/continuing-with-my-wwii-rebasing.html

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Re-Basing... Oh the pain! Now some Germans
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 03:45:21 AM »
The rebasing continues: This time it's the DAK that get their turn. I was surprised to find that I had enough to fill out a full battalion with the exception of an LMG crew that have gone walkabout. But that was easily fixed. I also have plenty of support weapons too. So apart from taking time, this was a pretty easy job.

There's more on my blog at: https://this20mmworldatwar.blogspot.com/2021/04/dak-re-base.html

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Re-Basing... Oh the pain! DAK this time
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 01:59:11 PM »
Seems like we are traveling the same paths for different rules sets. I have moved all the figures from their old bases to the new ones, similar in size to yours it appears, and now have to apply the basing material, paint, and scenics stuff. (So that's German Infantry, Fallshirmjager, DAK, US Infantry, US Paras, and RM Commandos totaling about 220 bases.) Crazy!

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Re-Basing... Oh the pain! DAK this time
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 12:00:00 AM »
Seems like we are traveling the same paths for different rules sets. I have moved all the figures from their old bases to the new ones, similar in size to yours it appears, and now have to apply the basing material, paint, and scenics stuff. (So that's German Infantry, Fallshirmjager, DAK, US Infantry, US Paras, and RM Commandos totaling about 220 bases.) Crazy!

Yeah, I still have a way to go. So far I've finished German Infantry, British Infantry & DAK. I've almost finished my Fallschirmjager, Hermann Goering Div & Western Desert Force. I haven't even started on the US and Soviet infantry. Each battalion takes 31 bases plus heavy weapons.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Re-Basing... Oh the pain! It's the HG Div's turn
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 11:51:30 PM »
And so the re-basing continues...  and this time it's the Hermann Goering Division. These guys are panzergenadiers so they have a preponderance of MG34's/42's. I did these because I wanted something different and I've never seen the HG Div painted and put on the table before.

More pics and chatter on my blog at: https://this20mmworldatwar.blogspot.com/2021/05/more-re-basing-hg-div.html

I also made some vineyards for the Mediterranean. I used the methods described in Pat Smit's Setting The Scene vol2.