Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2021, 07:48:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BSC2021 Ichwillauch - medieval siege  (Read 557 times)

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
BSC2021 Ichwillauch - medieval siege
« on: April 07, 2021, 07:16:07 AM »
Difficult terrain is a difficult task. My first thoughts are to build the area in front of a besieged medieval castle with a siege tower, storming ladders, a moat.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:00:07 PM by ichwillauch »

Offline has.been

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: BSC2021 Ichwillauch - medieval siege
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 09:22:20 AM »
Storming ladders.  ????

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 01:02:57 PM »
Storming ladders.  ????
Thanks for the help.

First concept drawing of the siege tower:

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 12:43:01 PM »
Hi ichwillauch,

Just wanted to say I really dig your builds. The cool concept drawing of the seige tower & general outlay of overall concept build intrigued me as to your other pieces so (my apologies) I had a look back through your past posts. I'm newly joined so I'm also trying to familiarise myself with my peers & their art work & connnecting the two as one, so to speak.

Your ship builds are fab' & Flea town is excellent :)  Love all the little inspired details on the buildings (Smoking man Morley poster is hilarious) & the padlocked doors :D  All the lattice work for the timbering, etc, v cool.

Really like the camping scene too, that was very nice man.

Oh, & the 'The syldavian-bordurian border conflict of 1981' is hilarious, the whole ET nicking sheep & starting the conflict is very clever & funny  lol.
I've got two of those Pegasus saucers myself. Plan is to do a crash site diorama which would be a Rendlesham Forest incident 'what if' meets area 51 type scenario, combining an old WW2 RAF Recovery Vehicles model kit from Airfix I have into the build scene, along with other bits & bobs.

By the way, & apologies if being a bit personal on first contact, but your Collie canine companion team member, such a bonnie dog, beautiful markings & colour. Seems quite a canny & quiet or shy poochy, but a perfect poochy :D

Anyway, all the best & really looking forward to seeing your build evolve & come to fruition :)

Cheers.
"Monsters are my friends, 'Monster' monsters, not the human kind"

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 03:13:35 PM »
Hi Clach Umha,

thank you very much for the nice comment. My wife and I built the walking dead dioramas together, it was her idea to use the Smoking man Morley posters

First wip pics of the siege tower, still missing a lot of parts:

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 04:45:43 AM »
Your Most welcome Ichwillauch :)

& wow, talk about having it all man, not only do you have skills & the A.F.T (Ace Furry Team) to keep you company whilst doing so, you got a lovely Missus who creates zombie dioramas together with you & comes up with brilliant homage tropes for detailings  :o 8)

I envy you Sir, in the nicest possible way :)

Ok, that's very speedily constructed :o, & as it stands (pun), is a fab looking Seige Tower, even without the "missing lot's of parts". Damn fine scale too. The soldiers propped against the wheels for size compari' look succinctly knackered after pushing that great thing  lol .

I like the ladders also, is that real bamboo sticks of a table mat or is it skewers repurposed? I'm not knocking it by pointing that out by the way, as it's a very cool wee long ladder (is a ladder long or tall, hmmm ???, 'tall' when vertical I suppose), I'm just trying to figure what my eyes are telling me it's made from in it's current nakedness.

Is it to have an exterior skin also? The Seige Tower I mean, of course  lol, not the ladders (yyyyess, they wouldn't quite work then would they Clach lol).

The towers something I always promised myself to build, yet has still to transpire :(. I'm sure one day though. & yes, your build has further inspired me to do so actually :) (not for the comp, just for me, & the little lead men).

Very nice Mr. Ichwillauch 8) & looking forward to more ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 04:55:59 AM by Clach Umha »

Offline has.been

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 09:00:18 AM »
The last time (the only time) I made a siege tower (well it was two)
was some fifty years ago! I clad their fronts & leading parts of their sides
with 'hides'. Using some off-cuts of thin leather which I cut into irregular
rectangular shapes. Those I simply stuck over the timber work.
It is even better if you have different colours of leather.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 09:19:06 AM »
Looking good mate

8)