Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:10:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Legio Furreans Warmaster. Now with more Warmaster!  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Legio Furreans Warmaster. Now with more Warmaster!
« on: May 03, 2021, 06:27:46 PM »
I finally finished my first Warmaster titan.  I can't believe it took me this long, it is a big kit but no so big that it should have taken me two weeks.  I was working on Cursed city stuff in that time too and I worked 180 hours over the two weeks at my job, so there was that.

I decided to go with Tiger Eyes for my first one as that is the Legio that I play most often and I'm hoping I can get in a game with it on Thursday.  I've rigged it with the plasma guns in the shoulder mounts and I'm working on painting the meltas and the mega-bolters now too.  I'm not sure which will be the best option, I'm guessing the plasma weapons, although the meltas would make it into an ending titan. 

It is a little difficult to figure out what to do with it on the battlefield.  It is definitely not a killer of all things with any of the load outs.  I don't think the main weapons have a good chance of taking out anything but Warhounds in one turn unless they hit the same location, although they should mess anything up.

With the shoulder weapons they would likely add the extra punch to kill something, but then you don't have a great chance of knocking the shields out. 

So I'm not sure how it will play.  I guess I'll find out soon enough.  My one thought would be to run some Warhounds with it that are dedicated to stripping shields and have it finish things after they do.

The probably with that is that the enemy can easily kill the Warhounds and you're kind of stuck at that point.

For the base I did a fight with three Alpha Legion Terminators clearing a trench of an Iron Warrior space marine and two Thallaxi.  Since I'm painting this force up to do 1st Paramar at some point I though having those in there would be characterful.

There is not a lot of space on the base to do much in the way of diorama building like I did with my Ember Wolves.  I was thinking it would come on a bigger base when I first heard about it and had some plans to do some industrial terrain on it, but that didn't end up happening.  I stuck one power converter on the base.  Perhaps when the battle is over Luke can bring it back to Uncle Owen. 

Doing all the yellow took a while.  I should probably do my War Griffons one next but I think the Legio Mortis one will be quicker so that is likely to take precedent.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 03:19:53 PM by Pictors Studio »

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
Re: Legio Furreans Warmaster.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 07:30:23 PM »
That is one chunky boy.

Great work

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Re: Legio Furreans Warmaster. Now with more Warmaster!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 03:31:18 PM »
I managed to get a second Warmaster done.  This time for my Legio Mortis.

The Legio fell under the sway of the Warmaster early on and being so dedicated to the Fabricator General they also dived full on into treason. Eventually they would become minions of Nurgle and I wanted to show a little of their fall in this model.

I made the head slightly crooked so that it would look a little insane and went pretty heavy on the rust.

I also added some chains hanging down from its nether regions to add to the sinister aspect of it.

They are better seen from behind.

The kits are big.  The first one, the Tiger Eyes one, took me 16 days to finish.  This one took me less than a week, although I did have two days off in a row on this one.   They are still big models and I'm not sure yet what to do with my third one.  I think I'll try to get a game in before I commit to either using it for my War Griffons or starting Legio Mordaxis with is.