Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Stone Realm: Hard plastic multi-part dwarves in 28mm scale  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
I quite like Fireforge and was excited to see this KS finally launch.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fireforgegames/stone-realm-hard-plastic-multi-part-dwarves-in-28mm-scale/description

I am thinking that they may be a cost effective proxy for Iron Hills Dwarves in Middle Earth gaming. The kitbashing conversion potential in general is pretty appealing.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Abbner Home

• Scientist
Agreed.

I've been pleased with the other FF fantasy kits and have been using their medieval figs for low key fantasy armies for years.

Not all of these are for me (no guns, no goats for this guy) but for movie style Iron Hills or to augment Oathmark kits these look great.

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
I backed the Northmen previous Kickstarter and everything was to my liking (for LoTR:SBG and general fantasy) I particularly love the peasants and undead versions.
The dwarves look pretty good and I wouldn’t need many. I’m not a fan of the guns (bit to early, would’ve preferred a take on a flintlock) or the pot/can helmets and was tempted by the rams only for the armoured heads (available separately) and the other hand weapon poses, maybe I’d make a scout or odd knight on one. The heavy armour doesn’t fit aesthetically for me with the ram - nimble, ranger like, scrambling up scree slopes (maybe a lightly armoured rider using the ballistic dwarf torso’s some oathmark dwarf bows) or you could easily knock up some nice chariots/battle sleds though. If I can afford it I may buy 3 boxes (foot/heavy/ram or second foot) and make some dwarf foot knights and spear retainers.

BALM
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
I've backed this, even though it's not really a force I am planning on making. I liked the northmen kits and I think there are some great bits here. Hope they get a decent amount of funding. They seem to struggle a bit with reaching out there on their campaigns though, can't say why.

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
They look the right proportion but a little tall for Middle Earth games (alongside GW dwarves).

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
I'm not particularly enamoured with the overall style of them, but...

Female options is a really nice touch, as is the Ram-mounted pistoliers. That alone might tempt me to some after release.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
They look fairly big, about Oathmark dwarf size?

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
They look fairly big, about Oathmark dwarf size?

Should be very similar I think. I've asked on the KS page.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
I really like the design, but I dont need 3 boxes... And 1 (or maximum 2) box (if the raiders will be available as add on) with shipping is just too expensive. I think I will wait for the retail version.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Yeah, I really like them - and I actually freakin' love the Fire Forge stuff I've gotten recently - their zombies being an absolute standout.  The Forgotten World minis are just excellent.  However, I don't have any need to order a large batch of dwarf boxes.  Will look at maybe backing as low as possible just to help it out.  Love all the potential options.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
I agree with you Elbows, I think the Dwarves look good and although I have yet to get my hands on the Living Dead peasants, the Folk Rabble are brilliant. I look forward to getting some Living Dead Peasants to use to kitbash rougher but still living peasants at some point.

As for this KS, I am on the fence. I may do a small pledge or I may wait for retail. Mrs. GG is not very enthusiastic about this KS… I think the lack of tasty stretch goal enticement is playing a part in that.

Offline peleset

• Librarian
Doesn't seem very historical.

Rumour has it there are no Dwarf Women!
Thief, Reaver, Slayer.

Offline Eoin OCnaimhsi

• Librarian
Those Rambukk raiders are very nice.

I would like to see a size comparison of them with other manufacturers though.