Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:50:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686666
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zona Alfa - Kontraband Questions  (Read 1085 times)

Offline iDreamofMinis

• Bookworm
    • I Dream of Minis Blog
Zona Alfa - Kontraband Questions
« on: September 09, 2021, 12:34:28 PM »
I have a question on the Zone Hostiles on the POI cards, namely the Vermin Swarm and the Bandit Ambush.

For the Vermin Swarm, the card says:

"Rats, leeches, dogs, flies... a bunch of
whatever you hate pops out of nowhere.
Use DRIFT rules to spawn.  After React Roll,
swarm will attack the nearest model in LOS.
Swarm concentrates on one target at a time
and has 3 Actions, Move 8", CA 4, Arm 4, Dam 1,
and 2 Wounds."

Exactly how many minis do I put on the table?  Should I follow the table for Threat Level 3 from the Zona Alfa rulebook?  That would put 6 dogs on the table with a higher Arm and an extra wound...  If I put rats or something, how many bases should go on the table?

I have the same question for the Bandit Ambush.  Is the Quantity: Team +1 referring to the Stalkers+Scientists+1 = Total Bandits?

Lastly, is there any way to include zombies and ghouls in the mix, or is it a "make your own" kind of thing?

Thank you!  :)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
Re: Zona Alfa - Kontraband Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 01:21:58 PM »
I don't have Kontraband yet, but aren't there zombies/rad ghouls in the Osprey blue book?

Offline iDreamofMinis

• Bookworm
    • I Dream of Minis Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 01:34:53 PM »
I don't have Kontraband yet, but aren't there zombies/rad ghouls in the Osprey blue book?

Yes, Jack, they are in the blue book. 

In Kontraband, at least as I understand it, there aren't Hot Spots, but Points of Interest that need to be investigated.  The POI cards determine what is at the Point of Interest, be it a hostile, traps, hazards, etc.  These cards are used instead of rolling on a chart to determine what is at the POI.  None of the POI cards mention ghouls or zombies.

Online dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 03:04:07 PM »
In Kontraband, as we play it, the Point of Interest cards are used as given here: https://stalker7.files.wordpress.com/2021/07/kontra_poi_cardsv2expanded.pdf

That said, I retyped them and modified to suit my collection of figures so I do have Rad Ghouls, Zombies and all sorts of other creatures and mutants.  So if you want them in your game then do so.

As far as "team+1" goes then we play it the same way you suggest - stalkers + scientists +1 for standard bandit gangs and +3 for reinforced.  However, we vary that to suit the scenario, for example we have increased the number of bandits but only given them hand weapons and nets as a cannibal mob in one scenario. 
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline iDreamofMinis

• Bookworm
    • I Dream of Minis Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 03:48:20 PM »
In Kontraband, as we play it, the Point of Interest cards are used as given here: https://stalker7.files.wordpress.com/2021/07/kontra_poi_cardsv2expanded.pdf

That said, I retyped them and modified to suit my collection of figures so I do have Rad Ghouls, Zombies and all sorts of other creatures and mutants.  So if you want them in your game then do so.

As far as "team+1" goes then we play it the same way you suggest - stalkers + scientists +1 for standard bandit gangs and +3 for reinforced.  However, we vary that to suit the scenario, for example we have increased the number of bandits but only given them hand weapons and nets as a cannibal mob in one scenario. 

I really like the expanded cards.  I think I will use them.  Thanks!  :)