Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:39:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689629
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Return to Strange Aeons  (Read 17304 times)

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
Re: Return to Strange Aeons
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2022, 06:14:15 AM »
And the rest......
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2022, 02:52:42 AM »
More lovely stuff!!
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2022, 07:46:25 AM »
Thanks once again. This has turned into one of the most fun projects I've undertaken and one of the few I'll have seen through to the end. And that's just for the KS, I still have a ton of other models to expand my Lurkers. But first on to finish some scenery so I can get some games in with all these guys.

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2022, 10:46:20 AM »
HAHA at least im not the only one returning after a longer abstinence :D
Last time i checked in here was 2015  lol  so.... i have A LOT of reading up to do :D

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2022, 11:08:01 PM »
Well let me say welcome back. As soon as I had my cataracts fixed painting and Strange Aeons were one of the first things I thought of as my eyes got really bad right after the KS for second edition. And although it's been pretty dead here (which baffles me with such an interesting and unique game system) I still am super happy to be able to act upon all the cool (to me anyway) ideas I had and to be able to share it with other fans of the Mythos genre in general and SA in particular. Looking forward to following your return also. Have a fhtagn day!

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2022, 11:10:58 PM »
And yeah it took me quite a while to read up on all the back posts but that was actually entertaining and inspirational in it's own right and worth the time in my humble opinion.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2022, 07:08:33 AM »
And finishing off the final figures from the second edition Kickstarter we have the Deep One in both his standing and submerged versions. May tweak the water a little yet not too thrilled with it as it sits now. All that's left now is the small amounts of scenic elements which I'm already working on. In all my years of painting and  gaming I've only finished like three projects to my satisfaction so am kinda pumped with Strange Aeons right now.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2022, 06:50:19 AM »
And, coming around the final stretch, while waiting for a chance to varnish the Deep One, I polished off some of the smaller scenic elements. Leaves me with the mausoleum,the two broken column pieces, the pumpkins (which I have no idea what I'm doing with) and the tombstones which I have to come up with bases for and then the entire 2nd Edition KS will be done. Here we have the Devil's Cauldron, the Damned Altar, the Scrawny Ones markers, stone sarcophagus and my favorite the chained coffin.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2022, 07:58:06 AM »
And the last few terrain pieces, the mausoleum, the two broken pillar pieces with all the skulls and the set of headstones. And a Cthulhu Wars ghoul cause they're always checking out new property in the cemetery. This finishes all the miniatures from the Strange Aeons Second Edition Kickstarter, of which I went all in. And maybe the third totally completed project in all my painting history. There are still the pumpkins left but I have an idea to use them for a Scene of Horror, need to find a specific figure to pull that off though. I still have many more Mythos stuff to add from Cthulhu Wars, the Death May Die game and from assorted lines going all the way back to the original Grenadier models. But unless I can somehow get a hold of the Kulten figures all of Uncle Mike's stuff is done. But for now time to start working on some long neglected scenery pieces, get that solo deck out and see what trouble the MARS Protocol gets up to.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2022, 02:53:59 PM »
Finished re-reading the rulebook and assembling the old GW fortified mansion (and the chapels, tower and other stuff in the box) now have to pick up some craft paints to finish them (and the four wooded sections) off. Whilst I'm enjoying all aspects of this project I still like to have a couple models to paint on the desk. Here's one I might have gotten from Ebay, not sure but I just thought it looked pretty cool.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2022, 02:09:41 AM »
As I get the hang of the solo deck and the rules themselves (which have made me scratch my head in puzzlement more than once) and working on various terrain pieces (mostly GW plastic stuff) I still like to have something on the desk to paint. There are still a lot of Lurkers that have no official model so want to start filling in those gaps (although may start work on some old Shock Force I bought like over 20 years ago that I found in my desk.) And even though the scenery isn't done I plan on starting the MARS Protocol storyline so will try to throw some AAR up soonish. Anyway here we have one of the dreaded purple spiders from Leng and a Shambler. Wasn't too inspired by these probably  because I found those old Vengequan and had those on my mind so may touch them up at some point in time.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2022, 11:44:27 PM »
Although the Strange Aeons board here is pretty dead I see that there are still people viewing it. Uncle Mike hasn't been around for quite a while and I see nothing new on the Strange Aeons website either. So just figured I'd throw it out there, if anyone was part of the VUK Kickstarter and is interested in parting with the miniatures and/or book would love to get them to finish my SA collection. To sweeten that, the old foam GW cemetery in my scenery pics, I have 3 of them, one mint in the bag which I would throw in on the deal. Hey never hurts to ask my mom always said.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2022, 03:13:39 AM »
The spider is nice.  I use an old WOTC Star Wars spider, not perfect but does the job.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2022, 07:47:08 PM »
Thanks S.M., usually I know pretty much what I'm going to do with a model but had to think on the spider for a bit. But was fairly pleased with the way he came out considering. Lot of the Cthulhu Wars figures are pretty decent overall, there's a couple more yet that'll make it to the Lurkers collection. And if your spider does the job that's what really counts (I do hope he's purple though.)

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2022, 12:42:36 PM »
Diehard,

Enjoying watching your progress.  Keep up your work.  You have a number of models that would be fun in a Witcher style game too.

While usually just a lurker myself, I decided to post to give you  more motivation. I know how hard it is to stay motivated when there are so many other distractions. 

Skipper

"No challenge is too small.......or too large!"