Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:29:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689659
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Undead Rise!  (Read 6869 times)

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: The Undead Rise!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2021, 03:07:07 PM »
Oh yes, that weathered metal effect on the skeletons looks really nice. I like how these days we got several plastic skeleton kits to choose from. Gotta have skeletons around.

I also like how you put pullovers on those Mantic(?) zombies! :D they look rather cosy.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2021, 10:12:24 PM »
Oh yes, that weathered metal effect on the skeletons looks really nice. I like how these days we got several plastic skeleton kits to choose from. Gotta have skeletons around.

I also like how you put pullovers on those Mantic(?) zombies! :D they look rather cosy.

Started off as shonky blood bowl zombie conversion attempt lol

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2022, 12:12:34 PM »
Necromancers of all shades and creeds flock to Uounor, for the art is often seen as dangerous at best, heretical at worst. Within Nostes Empire they can gain access to the bizarre "Undead Economy" where a mixture of power and skill can lead to a fortune being made.

Of course whilst Necromancy is allowed, it's still kept under certain guidelines, both to ensure public safety, keep calm the frothing demagogues within Uounors neighbours and most crucially, to stop any potential coup attempts against the Emperor. Early within its foundations, the nation found itself beset by Nostes rivals. Men and women intent on wresting control of the land and disrupting the fragile peace. Outwardly declaring friendship and good will, they secretly plotted. Unheard of dark magics were used, further poisoning the land. It ended, as always, with the Emperor victorious. No matter what tricks they used, nor deals they brokered with extra-planar beings, they could not match the might of two thousand years.

Now, the Shade Masters (as the common folk refer to them) are controlled through a guild, a practice unashamedly copied from the nations former rival. The head of said guild is uniquely divided into two. "The Sighted" and "The Blinded".

"The Sighted" is currently Marcian Rellique, like his predecessors his eyes were removed, the crotchety old geezer now able to see the flow of magic more clearly then any of his brethren. He is seen as a liberal progressive within the guild, pushing for more inclusive training, more experimental mage work and to lessen some of the harsher decrees regarding Necromancy. Despite this, Noste finds him rather amusing and the two are regularly seen conversing during the courts assemblage.

"The Blinded' is Aelia Stallart, like all Blinded she is chosen from the best of the guilds latest inductees. This is to ensure an even point of view is regarded, from the oldest most wizened, to the youngest most inexperienced. However as her title indicates, she is blind to the deeper meanings within the world and mage craft. Aelia is the more conservative of the duo, having seen what the horrors of Necromancy can do when left unattended first hand, her lover having been torn to shreds by fleshless claws. She affects a cold posture to hide the insecurity she feels to be so powerful at such a young age.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2022, 02:27:25 PM »
No fluff this time, we've already heard a bit about Zombies.

Here's a few extra members of the preexisting zombie unit. This time the classic GW sculpts. They're frequently rubbished but I rather like them, they're characterful and have great kitbashing potential.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2022, 04:05:49 PM »
decidely nauseous paint-job. In a good zombie sense of course.

I like those sculpts too.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2022, 04:39:13 PM »
Werewolves

The curse of lycanthropy runs throughout the world, it's origins even more mysterious then Vampirism. It's known however that there are multiple ways to become a moon-shifter, whilst the most common is a bite passing the curse on, there are also several shamanistic rituals and curses to give the strength (or hunger, depending on your view of such a 'blessing') to an individual. Seemingly fine at first, the sufferer transforms on the first night of the full moon into a mindless beast, these creatures vary in size and exact detail, though all roughly fit the description of "A giant wolf".

With time the victims of the curse will gain control over their monstrous forms, learning to transform into a more hybridized creature.  These Werewolves are without doubt more deadly, harbouring all the power of their curse with the mind of man.

Those living within Uounors borders are an oddity, although they march to war with the Emperor, they are not his mindless vassals. Their Chieftan, one Gekkat Setar, has managed to broker a generous deal with Noste, a small portion of his kingdom is designated as Werewolf territory within which their own rules and customs exist and he himself is a member of the Royal Court. In return his kind must pledge to war only against the enemies of the kingdom and levvy what few taxes are required.

Many a traveller has been confounded by the seemingly idylic villages sitting within the dark land of Uounor, only to hear howls in the night.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2022, 08:27:43 PM »
Lots of undead looking good here!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2022, 12:18:57 PM »
Some reinforcements for my Skeletons, pumping the units up to twenty each.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2022, 12:21:04 PM »
Speaking of pumping up units, heres the last few lads needed to bring the Zombies and Ghouls to the Max. These particular zombies depart from my usual Mantic/GW focus and are Nolzurs.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2022, 06:24:12 PM »
Not really feeling up for fluff, so have some Ogre Skeletons.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2022, 06:25:48 PM »
Nice and grimy, just right.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 10:24:42 AM »
Not seen those before - really nice minis, well painted.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2022, 12:10:22 PM »
Always loved those skeletal ogres.  :)

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2022, 08:47:38 PM »
Not seen those before - really nice minis, well painted.

Thanks, they're Ral Partha. Though the third (l-r) is converted because they'res only two sculpts.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2022, 08:53:47 PM »
I'm starting to near the end of the project (theres some more long-done Vamps I need to upload) so fatigue has set in. I nearly couldn't be bothered to paint my Ghoul King and his retinue last night, thankfully I pushed the urge away and broke out the paintbrushes. Whilst not perfect  I think these guys work quite well.

The kings crown is some poorly sculpted greenstuff. Looks more like a turban of sorts in the end, which kinda works considering Ghouls ties to middle eastern areas in literature. Other then that they're bog standard GW Underworlds minis.

Fluff wise the Ghoul King is much like my Ghast, a sort of "evolution". Albeit he is much more advanced.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 08:55:19 PM by jetengine »