Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:55:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: caelthebard paints and plays! (Warmachine/Hordes, RoSD, D&D, Etc)  (Read 531 times)

Offline caelthebard

• Schoolboy
Longtime lurker, love these forums, thought I'd contribute. This will be a painting and playing log for my tabletop miniatures games, and since all the ones I'm in at the moment are fantasy, it should cover it.

Privateer Press just did an enormous update/rebalance to Warmachine and Hordes, to level the playing field for all the models. Near as I can tell, it's become an extremely well balanced game. My gaming group plays every Monday. There's a growing online community (the LOS Warmachine discord) that held together really well during the pandemic, with a rather elegant way to play with far away friends online using a browser app called WarTable. And the player base has created a new, casual format called Brawlmachine, which makes for short, fast-paced games with much fewer models on the table. Overall: I love where the game is at right now, and I've been building and painting as fast as I can.

The lady in white and red is Ashlynn D'Elyse, the Queen's Blade. Had to fix her sword with a carved bit of sprue, because I broke off one of the quillons and then promptly lost it... oops. Shag carpet in the hobby room is perhaps not the best choice, but I've at least got a hobby room and I'm not complaining. Haven't done the basing work yet, although I tend to keep that simple anyway. Some stones, some flocking, done.  Now, on to paint her friends...

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: caelthebard paints and plays! (Warmachine/Hordes, RoSD, D&D, Etc)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 05:11:29 PM »
Beautiful paint work.
Have you tried doing lettering with a white Gel pen?
I find it soooo much easier than with a paint brush.