Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:38:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Does anyone have pics of wargames atlantic lizardmen alongside frostgrave or OM?  (Read 992 times)

Offline Porsenna

• Assistant
Just wondering if anyone has both, and have pics they are willing to share. I'm considering making a buy, but kind of dislike the idea of doing so blind...

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Does this help? Sorry for the dark photo! Wargames Atlantic lizardman with Frostgrave snakemen and crewman; the lizardman is my son's work in progress.

I would say that the WA lizardmen are quite the best lizardmen available; they're very lizardy! And the heads give options for three different species (iguanas, green lizards/monitors and chameleons), as well as gas-masked versions of the iguanas.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
Good comparison!

They're not quite as tall as I thought they were (which is good I think), and I agree they're nice-looking models.  :)
It's such a shame that the snakemen turned out to be such a so-so kit by comparison (and yes, I know they're different designers and manufacturers...).  :?

[...] the lizardman is my son's work in progress.
Talented lad! I hope you post some pics when he's finished them?  :)

Offline Porsenna

• Assistant
@Hobgoblin:

That's EXACTLY what I was hoping to see! Thank you so much! (Even more so for the serpent men in the line up!)

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
They're not quite as tall as I thought they were (which is good I think), and I agree they're nice-looking models.  :)

They look a bit taller than the snakemen, who are themselves a bit taller than most Frostgrave human sculpts.

Personally I think I like the snakes better for fantasy figs than the lizards due to having a bit more weapon variety, but you can't beat the lizzies for low tech aliens or VSF Venusian natives, etc.

https://sanctumreconditesage.blogspot.com/2021/07/ghost-archipelago-frostgrave-serpent-men.html

Offline Porsenna

• Assistant
I'm no stranger to kit bashing and green stuff sculpting (though I typically use Tamiya putty) so I'm not too worried about lack of equipment variety.

The serpent men suffer from a combination of heads I don't find particularly attractive sculpt wise, and lack of a tail. I prefer my my reptilians to have tails.

Though I do see some potential in messing around with a sprue to try to make toad people of some variety.

I'll eventually pick up some of the lizards and have a go at making them fit the setting I'm working with better.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
The serpent men suffer from a combination of heads I don't find particularly attractive sculpt wise, and lack of a tail. I prefer my my reptilians to have tails.

I prefer the closed-mouth heads myself, and it is a shame we didn't get some with just the tongues sticking out scenting their prey, which is pretty definitively snake-y.  Adding tails to the figs would be trivial due to the way their clothing is sculpted  just sculpt one out of putty or even carved sprue at an appropriate angle.

That said, the lizzies are more traditional reptile-person designs.