Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:41:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Sarissa Precision scale question  (Read 1382 times)

Online Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
Sarissa Precision scale question
« on: November 27, 2021, 03:50:32 PM »
looks like i might be running ZA in both 28mm (Eureka mainly) and 20mm to placate my gaming buddys

but that could mean double the terrain pieces

I've found a few buildings that don't look out of place with either scale but i'm looking at stuff thats a bit more industrial

just wondering about the sarissa precision stuff

I'm wondering if I could get away with 20mm scale buildings

anyone have any shots with a 28mm mini?

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Sarissa Precision scale question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 10:25:33 PM »
That's a difficult one. I use 15mm buildings with 20mm WWII but the scale isn't too far out to be a huge hassle. But 28mm and 20 might prove to be a problem.
It seems like you're going to be supplying figures and terrain. So what does it matter what scale your friends use? Won't they be using your stuff anyway?
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 11:21:09 PM »
It all depends on detail and familiarity with subject matter.
If your using 20mm industrial buildings they're going to be more forgiving than domestic and retail.  The main detail  that's going to cause you an issue if your aiming for multi scale is Brick work. Be it Mdf kits or pre printed card buildings. It's  the main detail that either needs covering or avoiding in the first place.
I personally rescale 'n' gauge and 'HO' for 28mm . I don't tend to then use them for 20mm .As I raise them up by roughly 10mm so the top of the doors are more in line with 28mm. ( I also but not always adjust the width of the doors too.)
You can get away without changing doors on industrial buildings as they tend to be larger in 20mm compared to domestic doors in 20mm. So they look more like a normal door in 28mm.
I've included a couple of old pics my stuff . The table has a mix of scratch built ,N & HO gauge conversions and 28mm mdf.( Sarrisa  28mm signal box.)The doors in the second pic are not rescaled on the 20mm conversion ( with exception of one single width door.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:23:09 PM by tin shed gamer »

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 01:35:48 PM »
I do not have the 20mm versions, but I suspect the 28mm Factory Units will work. A number of them have big vehicle type doors that function as multiple-scale, and the personnel doors are a card insert

https://sarissa-precision.com/collections/industrial-28mm

Online Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 06:29:57 AM »
Thanks All

Really helpful

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 09:22:20 AM »
Have a look at the Metcalfe card factory buildings. They are nominally 1/76 but because, as already noted, the doors/ gates tend to be industrial scale it’s not noticeable that they are undersized and of course the beauty of card is that resizing doors is not chore anyway.

https://www.metcalfemodels.com/product-category/00-h0-scale-kits/00-h0-scale-industrial-buildings/
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 10:27:59 AM »
Depending on what size "28mm" figures you're using I think that you could easily get away with Sarissa's 20mm buildings - I base my skirmish figures on pennies and my Eureka 28mm figures could comfortably enter an unbased 20mm Sarissa house. And they don't seem terribly consistent within the range either - the 20mm La belle Alliance seems closer to 28mm than 20mm. Overall, I thought that they were fine for what they were - but you need to put in an awful lot of work to get them to look like anything other than an MDF building (those "square" chimney pots....). I did a few and then switched to resin building kits to complete what I needed.

Online Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 10:54:12 AM »
I'm planning to get the industrial buildings to see how I get on

will post an update at some point