Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:23:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685064
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dark Days in Borsetshire - Sir Rufus reviews the troops  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Dark Days in Borsetshire - Sir Rufus Responds
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2022, 12:16:36 PM »
TO CONTINUE:

Based on Miss Ping’s information, Sir Rufus has decided to split his forces. One group, led by his wife Lady Ferocity and including his five daughters, Miss Ping and Audacity Bunty-Thimble, his wife’s secretary.

Lady Ferocity with her doberman bitch, Bitch. To her left, Audacity Bunty-Thimble. Behind her, the five daughters and behind them, trying to look inconspicuous, Temerity Ping

The other, led by himself will include his son Freddie, his nephew Cecil de Leominster, Cecil’s particular friend Baron Dietrich von Strepsil, head gamekeeper Renfrew McGruel, Sir Rufus’ valet Stirrup, the butler Wrench and, without much enthusiasm, indeed with great reluctance, Constable Smallbottom.

Sir Rufus with his afghan hounds Esmeralda Golightly VII and Sinbad Restitution II. To his left, his son Freddie. To his right, his nephew Cecil de Leominster, accompanied by (in the feathered hat) his particular friend, Baron Dietrich von Strepsil. Behind them and suitably out of focus, the retainers. From the left Stirrup, Wrench and McGruel. Lurking at the back, an unenthusiastic Constable Smallbottom

Miss Ping discovered that, on a certain date, Jack "The Knife" Archer, accompanied by his two Detroit friends and including Silas Grundy, will be travelling in the Archers’ van to the area of Waterly Cross to attempt to persuade some local criminal elements to join the Archers in their assault on the Lord Lieutenant and the established order. At the same time, Dan Archer is planning a pre-emptive strike on Much Rampling itself. The plan is that Jack will join him with any recruits he may have enlisted. Dan’s thinking is that, if necessary, the family members he will have with him will be sufficient to defeat Sir Rufus in a surprise attack. If Jack can join him, so much the better but it’s not vital.

Acting on this intelligence, Sir Rufus and Lady Ferocity decide to send her group, known as the Distaff Group, to set up an ambush on the Ambridge to Waterly Cross road to eliminate Jack’s group before it can reinforced while at the same time, Sir Rufus leads his group to intercept the rest of the Archers and arrest them.

Before we follow the fortunes of these various armed and determined groups, it is appropriate to turn back time to delve into the outrage that has sparked such a dramatic response. It is time to recount:

The Degradation of Constable Smallbottom
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=135204.msg1716732#new
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 11:51:15 AM by Doug ex-em4 »

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Dark Days in Borsetshire - Sir Rufus reviews the troops
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 03:39:15 PM »
The Degradation of Constable Smallbottom

Shivers of anticipation here. I must fortify myself with a sinew-stiffening libation before I indulge in your lurid tales of degradation and depravity. Push on, dear boy, push on!

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2022, 04:01:04 PM »
Shivers of anticipation here. I must fortify myself with a sinew-stiffening libation before I indulge in your lurid tales of degradation and depravity. Push on, dear boy, push on!

I hope the press won't release the source of his early days nickname "Cheeky"...  lol

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2022, 05:15:25 PM »
Yes, get yourself well libated- it’s not a comfortable story….

I hope the press won't release the source of his early days nickname "Cheeky"...  lol
Steady on - don’t go spreading rumours….😉

Doug

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2022, 06:47:32 PM »
Is it the modern parlance ‘spicy’? I try to look away,but I Kant,whoops Freudian slip,can’t  lol
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2022, 08:50:37 AM »
I try to look away, but I Kant

I drink therefore I am, or is that putting des cartes before des horses? OK, I'll get me coat now!   ;)

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2022, 04:27:46 PM »
"Emmanuel Kant was a real piss-ant, who was very rarely stable..." :D
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"