Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:03:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Combat of Gorlitz (or Moys) 7th Sep 1757: Scenario and AAR  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
The Combat of Gorlitz (or Moys) 7th Sep 1757: Scenario and AAR
« on: December 26, 2021, 07:06:33 PM »
Just before Christmas we had a refight of the Combat of Gorlitz (or Moys) in order to play-test a few new ideas for converting 'Shako' Napoleonic rules to the Seven Years War.

The Scenario: http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/2021/12/16/the-combat-of-gorlitz-or-moys-7th-september-1757-a-scenario-for-tricorn/

The AAR: http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/2021/12/26/the-combat-of-gorlitz-or-moys-7th-september-1757-the-refight/

Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: The Combat of Gorlitz (or Moys) 7th Sep 1757: Scenario and AAR
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 10:31:12 PM »
Will have to set aside a quite hour to really do a proper read through of your blog post. Will be quite interested to know the full impact of General von Katte's forces in the game!   lol

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 11:33:54 PM »
Will have to set aside a quite hour to really do a proper read through of your blog post. Will be quite interested to know the full impact of General von Katte's forces in the game!   lol
A guaranteed night's sleep, or your money back!  :D

Ah yes, that is of course 'Jung-Katte', as 'Alte-Katte' sadly passed away after his performance in our Lobositz refight...

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 05:23:22 AM »
Having awoken from of those reading naps... I jest!

Very nice battle report and quite a see-saw battle.  And quite a collection for gaming with.

And while I do offer my condolences regarding Alte-Katte it is a bit disconcerting that the way you've written it rather sounds like the kitty's demise was at your hands for disrupting a game  :'(.  I certainly hope not!  (Don't really think so, of course.v o_o)

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 07:25:27 AM »
Shako v1 has quite a nice set of SYW adaptations.

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 10:04:44 AM »
Shako v1 has quite a nice set of SYW adaptations.
Yes, it's v1 I use.  Sadly however, I never liked the SYW adaptions, so wrote my own.  I played a lot in the 90s, then drifted away and came back to SYW last year and decided to re-write/refine 'Tricorn'.

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 10:05:45 AM »
Having awoken from of those reading naps... I jest!

Very nice battle report and quite a see-saw battle.  And quite a collection for gaming with.

And while I do offer my condolences regarding Alte-Katte it is a bit disconcerting that the way you've written it rather sounds like the kitty's demise was at your hands for disrupting a game  :'(.  I certainly hope not!  (Don't really think so, of course.v o_o)
The Family von Katte belongs to Phil Portway... I'm 100% a dog person and allergic to cats... And nothing was ever proved...

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 04:48:17 PM »
Looks interesting.  i too will have to set aside a bit of time to read the blog posts.  But what's here looks good for a teaser...

As for Herr (Frau?) Katte, well, these things happen... 8)
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline olicana

• Mastermind
    • Olicanalad's Games
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 10:31:03 AM »
Having recently played this action a couple of times myself, I think it's a belter of a game - especially if a 'in game sunset time' is set correctly - i.e. at turn ? the game ends and if the Austrians haven't taken X - Y - Z they lose.

Unfortunately, I can't get onto your blog to see what you did because it triggers my child safe settings - thought you might like to know that.

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2022, 03:48:52 PM »
Having recently played this action a couple of times myself, I think it's a belter of a game - especially if a 'in game sunset time' is set correctly - i.e. at turn ? the game ends and if the Austrians haven't taken X - Y - Z they lose.

Unfortunately, I can't get onto your blog to see what you did because it triggers my child safe settings - thought you might like to know that.
Cheers mate!  :D Yes, it's a matter of some pride that my blog about toy soldiers is apparently unsafe for children on some browsers...   lol

I've been asking 'tech support' (daughter, whose husband runs an IT company), but they've got no idea either.