Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:54:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Supers Line -- Any Interest?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
15mm Supers Line -- Any Interest?
« on: December 29, 2021, 06:19:52 PM »
I haven't been involved in making miniatures in a long time, but I am wondering if anyone would have any interest in a 15mm Supers line?

These would be metal figures, likely sold individually, and scaled with other popular lines like Khurasan and GZG. I haven't even contacted a sculptor, but I wanted gauge interest here and elsewhere for this project.

Thanks for any feedback!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline pahoota

• Assistant
  • Spaghetti Spaceships!
    • Solipsist Gaming: Solo rules and scratchbuilding
Re: 15mm Supers Line -- Any Interest?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 10:10:38 PM »
I’d be interested.  I generally prefer the smaller scales as I find it easier to make and store terrain.

In fact, when I bought your game, SMF2, last year Scott, I searched for 15mm figures.  I eventually committed to using 28mm Doctor Who figures since there’s lots of colorful but still humanoid characters to act as super hero/villain proxies.  Even though I’m continuing my SMF2 campaign in 28mm, I’d still be interested in 15mm comic book minis.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 11:07:01 PM »
Wouldn’t 20mm be a better size as there’s loads of to cars that are roughly that scale along with all the model railway stuff?

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 01:24:40 PM »
Wouldn’t 20mm be a better size as there’s loads of to cars that are roughly that scale along with all the model railway stuff?

This is a good point, but heroic 15mm would be ideal for mixing and matching with other 15mm lines out there.

That said, after putting this out there, I have not gotten much interest here or on the Facebook group that cover supers tabletop gaming. More people expressed interest in STLs than anything else. Sadly, my old school vision of producing metal miniatures in molds may not be what folks want these days.

The thought of doing hard plastic 15mm stuff is also extremely intriguing, but at this point, cost prohibitive.

Offline Deflatermouse

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 08:51:25 AM »
 A bit sad to hear there hasn't been much response. (I have only just seen this.)
I'd be interested in 15mm metals. I have some figures which I have been collecting. Sadly haven't be able to have a supers game with them yet, but would really like a bit of variety  and more.
What types of things did you have in mind.?
Please see the very blurred pics of some of my WIP stuff from last year.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 01:29:36 PM »
Your stuff looks great!

In terms of what I was thinking about, I would like re-make some of my favorite SuperFigs in 15mm, and then do some other, different designs. I would try to hit the main tropes of the genre and offer plenty of variety.

Sadly, in the current market I am not sure it's worth the financial risk and investment. I am much better served placing my resources into making more books.

But I will always keep the door open a crack, just in case!  :)

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 07:07:18 PM »
Just came across this too, I'd be interested, I have the Rebel Miniatures? superheroes packs and will pick up the Blue Moon/Old Glory one whenever I do an order from them.  I have Heroclix for 28mm but a lot more terrain for 15mm and would use them for my own creations. 

Perhaps there's a way to join forces with a place like Rebel or Splintered Light and do a small Kickstarter for them?

Chris

Offline The Major

• Bookworm
    • The Major Press
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 05:48:37 AM »
Hey Scott.  A bit late to the party, but I have been designing and sculpting a line of what I call "Super Archetypes".  Far from finished.  Kind of a back burner project mainly for myself.  However, I am a sculptor and I have an injection mold machine as well.  You can check out my website or just send me a PM.

3D printing is popular.  However, it is price prohibitive as I'm sure you know.  Injection molding, while more expensive upfront is way cheaper in the long run.  Pennies on the dollar.  Anyway, not sure there is a market for super figures--there may be.  You've got my contact info, Scott.  Give me a shout if you are interested even in small batches.  We might be able to get something going.  Could be a fun Co-Lab project!

The Major

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 05:10:30 PM »
Hey Scott.  A bit late to the party, but I have been designing and sculpting a line of what I call "Super Archetypes".  Far from finished.  Kind of a back burner project mainly for myself.  However, I am a sculptor and I have an injection mold machine as well.  You can check out my website or just send me a PM.

3D printing is popular.  However, it is price prohibitive as I'm sure you know.  Injection molding, while more expensive upfront is way cheaper in the long run.  Pennies on the dollar.  Anyway, not sure there is a market for super figures--there may be.  You've got my contact info, Scott.  Give me a shout if you are interested even in small batches.  We might be able to get something going.  Could be a fun Co-Lab project!

The Major

Major, thanks! I am working on a new set of rules and an adventure supplement right now, but once those are done, I would like to revisit this with you. Thanks!

Offline Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2023, 12:06:02 PM »
15mm,    absolutely!   In July,  I'll be picking up Rebel and old glory 15mm suppers. I'm planning on getting two copies of each to build and paint different heros from.

Another option to add to the fray would be awesome.

Skipper
Skipper

"No challenge is too small.......or too large!"