Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690719
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Christmas BIG battle Venice vs HRE  (Read 24884 times)

Offline Erik

• Scientist
Re: Venitian Army project (final unit)
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2022, 07:22:33 PM »
Da da da da da da

My “Venetian spur of the moment army” is finished. 120 foot, 48 mounted and two command bases in under for month! First of all that is a personal speed painting record but second, and more important, it’s the first time I’ve managed to hold on to a project all the way through.

The last models are the two command bases that came with the army deal. I´ve given them personal banners all well as the lion of Saint Mark for the general. I know I´ve said it before but the point is good enough for a second round. Pete’s flag are GREAT!!.

Where to now? Sadly, TAGS miniatures doesn’t mix with other, newer miniatures. I was hoping to supplement them from my large collection of Perrys, but they look silly together. The Perry miniatures look like orc trying to mix in with men. So I need more TAGs. I would like some more pikemen and a few bases of swordsmen. The plan is to have 14 bases of pike and two bases of swordmen. That will give me a 16 base unit of pike which is my preferred unit size for pike in Field of Glory Renaissance. I would also like to expand my arquebuses a little and lastly I need a third unit of Elmeti. With that, I will have a playable Venetian army for Field of Glory Renaissance, which at the moment, still is my preferred renaissance ruleset on the market. Other suggestions are welcome. From the post above you can see that we also play Furioso. I would like to give Warlords Pike n´ shot a go as well, using some of the many adjustment found online. I have bought Renatio et Morten rules set, but haven’t found time to read them yet.

I have also promised myself to make some Italian terrain, which will probably be my fist project now. I am looking for 3D files for pillars, window and doors. Again suggestion are very welcome.

Cheers
Erik

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Venitian Army project finished
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2022, 07:24:24 PM »
Quite the spendiferous project Erik  :-* :-* :-*

Offline magyar

• Bookworm
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2022, 06:37:11 AM »
Ah, what a lovely army! Great paint job, and - I second the comment re. Pete's flags!

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2022, 06:48:11 AM »
Erik, brilliant job. I too am "speed painting" a Caesarian Roman army and have managed 94 infantry and 13 cavalry in three weeks.

As regards buildings I would recommend you look at the "Empires at War" MdF kits. They produce a 28mm range of Spanish/Italian buildings which come pre-coloured and ready to assemble. You could probably add further detailing if you want.   

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2022, 08:33:08 AM »
Fab job throughout the collection mate, well done!! 👍
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 09:05:01 AM by Lord Raglan »

Offline Erik

• Scientist
Re: Venitian Army project (final unit)
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2022, 02:56:09 PM »
Thank for the compliments. It means a lot, when you finish a project like this.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/d/dd/Wappen_Endingen_am_Kaiserstuhl.svg/560px-Wappen_Endingen_am_Kaiserstuhl.svg.png?20111209130840

is this the flag of one of the Landsknechts Block ?

It looks like it, but mine is suppose to repressent the noble line Ahlefelt from souther Denmark. Most of my renaissance units, except for a few from when I thought I would collect a WOTR army, are flying Danish or Holstein banners. I have used this page for inspiration:

http://www.danbbs.dk/~stst/slaegt_adelsvaaben/0_adelsvaaben.htm

Cheers

Erik

Offline bluechi

• Librarian
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2022, 10:32:53 PM »
Ah Ok.....i thougt this will represent  mens from the Breisgau area

de.wikipedia.org › wiki › Üsenberger

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2022, 10:32:39 AM »
If you're a true wargamer, no project is ever finished.  Ever!

If you're into 2nd mortgages, child-bartering, divorce and self-flagellation, Eureka UK has just reduced the price on its "More Gensdarmes Than You'll Ever Need" deal from £10,000 to just over £8,070.  In return though, you do get 2,048 mounted figures, capable of providing every possible combination of horse, rider and weaponry that the range allows.

https://www.eurekaminuk.com/products/the-crazy-i-want-it-all-gendarme-deal-28mm?_pos=4&_sid=e5ac3dc54&_ss=r

Go on, you know you want to..... lol
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 10:38:40 AM by Baron von Wreckedoften »
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2022, 10:48:10 AM »
 lol lol lol lol lol

If you're a true wargamer, no project is ever finished.  Ever!

If you're into 2nd mortgages, child-bartering, divorce and self-flagellation, Eureka UK has just reduced the price on its "More Gensdarmes Than You'll Ever Need" deal from £10,000 to just over £8,070.  In return though, you do get 2,048 mounted figures, capable of providing every possible combination of horse, rider and weaponry that the range allows.

https://www.eurekaminuk.com/products/the-crazy-i-want-it-all-gendarme-deal-28mm?_pos=4&_sid=e5ac3dc54&_ss=r

Go on, you know you want to..... lol
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2022, 07:21:09 PM »
Really nice finished army, well done!

Offline Erik

• Scientist
Re: Venitian Army Command base
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2022, 03:41:55 PM »
Even though I finished my original painting project back in April, I am by no means done with my Venetians. Just distracted by other things, mainly our new 3D printer.

The latest addition to my force is another command base. The miniatures are from the Perry knight box. With this command base done, I have three which is what I usually need for games of Pike ’n shoot, Field of Glory and Furioso.

Cheers
Erik

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2022, 05:49:47 PM »
Smashing work Erik!  :-*

Offline Erik

• Scientist
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2022, 11:41:27 AM »
After a few months painting Berbers fresh out of our new 3D printer, I have returned to my Venetian army. I was inspired after reading The Italian Was vol. 1 from Helion. The book describes how much mixed infantry the pike blocks actually contained. I wanted to try to simulate this by including poleaxe-armed men along with the pikemen. At the same time, I wanted to use the pavises that are included in the Perry mercenary boxset. As far as I know, no one makes Italian transfers for these, so I tried gluing on paper motives. I am very pleased with the result. It is only on the close-up pictures that you can see that they are pieces of paper clued to the pavises.

My plan is to have the first rank of bases with mixed infantry and pavise. The second rank of bases with pike and pavise and them two more random ranks of pikearmed infantry. However at the moment I have run out of pikemen, so I am waiting for a new shipment.

Cheers
Erik

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Re: Venitian Army Fresh pavise unit
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2022, 01:32:03 PM »
Excellent work Erik.

I love decor on the pavises  8)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Venitian Army Fresh pavise unit
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2022, 06:20:45 PM »
 :They look great
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous