Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:38:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690743
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mary Shelley in the Silver Bayonet (new AAR, page 6)  (Read 9980 times)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Mary Shelley in the Silver Bayonet
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2022, 03:21:09 AM »
Gosh,that table is super  :-* :-* :-*
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Cat

• Mastermind
  • All Purpose Neko-Sensei
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2022, 03:31:14 AM »
Very nice table indeed!

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2022, 07:43:00 AM »
Oh dear.  Honeygander Gooseboote is awfully close to the action.  Might be her last night in the gibbet...  :o

Indeed. As the sun begins to sink in the sky, the sound of wolves howling can be heard amongst the trees surrounding the old watch tower.

Thanks for all your comments on the table set-up. I should point out that the terrain tiles were made by Silent Invader, of this forum and lovely they are too!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2022, 05:38:58 PM »
Do you have any updates? Would love to see them in action!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2022, 08:52:07 AM »
Do you have any updates? Would love to see them in action!

Unfortunately, just as the game commenced, reality intruded! The Authorities decreed that the kitchen table was required for what apparently, is it's intended purpose. I thought it was for wargaming but Lady Snapcase has this crazy idea that you sit there eating. I will be setting it up again in the library at Snapcase Hall this time, not the kitchen.

In the meantime, I have painted the Northstar Goblins. I rather like them, they do look rather nasty and vicious!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2022, 04:15:03 PM »
Eating, At A Table! Doesn't she know what TV Trays are for?  lol lol

Those Goblins look great and menacing!

Currently my game room is being used for storage until I finish getting a couple of rooms rewired and walls refinished.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2022, 04:45:06 PM »
You’ve done a grand job on those little villains. I’m relieved that we have the Seiner kaiserlich-königlichen (k.-k.) apostolischen Majestät Rechtschaffenes
(Leib-)Jägerkorps. to protect us from such abomination.

A worthy addition to your SB cast-list - I think you may have sold me on getting some of those.

Doug

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2024, 12:06:27 PM »
So, that was in May 2022 and we are now in April 2024. It's been a while, but we played a game of Silver Bayonet yesterday. Doug ex-em4 and I played on-line, using my Carnevale scenery, which you can see on another thread on the Gothic Horror board.

Without further ado, the Gentlemen of Much-Piddling bring you the main feature, "Dark Doings in La Serenissima!".

HMS Black Pig, a small sloop commanded by Ronnie Toastrack (1st Lieutenant Veronica Toastrack) had landed the Much-Piddling Troop in a quiet part of Venice, near the Chiesa di San Francesco della Vigna, under cover of darkness.

In a secret meeting in Padua several days ago, the troop, under the command of Major Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (Much-Piddling Hussars) had received orders to proceed to the Arsenale di Venezia.

During this meeting, it was revealed that a sister troop of the Much-Piddlers, the Market Snodsbury Troop, had been dispatched to the Arsenale to gain intelligence on a secret naval project, only to disappear without trace.

The Most Serene Republic of Venice was no more, after the depredations of the French and the Austrians. During the French occupation, Marcel le Fesse (Napoleon’s master shipwright) had taken up occupation in the Arsenale and there were rumours of him working on some undersea design, based on the secret papers of Leonardo da Vinci.

So, here they were, the Silver Bayonet Troop, crossing the Canal de le Galeazze and entering the Arsenale.

Gathering together, Mary briefed the team on their objectives. Find the Market Snodsbury girls and retrieve them and the secret papers they were carrying.

As dawn breaks over La Serenissima, the troopers can see dark wolves prowling, it looks like they are picking over the remains of human bodies. Can this be why the Snodsbury girls disappeared?

Undeterred, the Much-Piddling troop descend from their rendezvous, with revenge in their hearts. Seen here, from top to bottom are Duchess Ophelia Lovett-Behynde the Occultist, Lady Constance Snoring-Cabstanleigh the Sapper, Marchioness Honeysuckle Tossington-Crust, Infantrywoman and Captain Pattie O’Fernyture, the Doctor.

As Patty is attacked by the nearest Dark Wolf, another approaching Dark Wolf metamorphoses into a Werewolf.

Patty dispatches the first wolf and is attacked by another.

As the werewolf advances, some of the troopers climb up onto the railings, to get a better shot. Some shots find their mark, but don’t seem to stop it’s ponderous advance.

Can nothing stop this supernatural horror?

As Patty disposes of a second wolf, the werewolf is poised to attack. Is this the end for the gallant Irish doctor?

But lo, just as the werewolf is poised to rip Patty apart with its vicious claws and fangs, a shot rings out from Peaches Snapcase (Riflewoman the Honourable Verity “Peaches” Snapcase) and the werewolf is down.

More wolves move to attack, but now the Much-Piddling girls are well placed to repel them. Several are killed in a welter of powder and shot.

Duchess Ophelia Lovett-Behynde is now free to advance and discovers the secret orders of the now deceased Market Snodsbury Troop.

Comtesse Marie Antoinette du Bedandboard inspects the grisly remains of one of the Snodsbury troopers.

Commandeering a nearby gondola, Duchess Ophelia Lovett-Behynde, clutching the secret papers, heads back to the Black Pig with the good Doctor and the Marchioness aboard. They have orders to return in the jolly boat to collect the rest of the troop.

Whilst they wait for the jolly boat, Peaches, Mary and Marie Antoinette advance onto the bridge, to hold off the remaining wolves.

“Ahoy, the Black Pig”.

The wolves are brought down, one by one.

As they wait, Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley surveys the carnage and wonders where they go from here.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: Mary Shelley in the Silver Bayonet (new AAR, page 6)
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2024, 12:39:34 PM »
They're still singing a certain song of what happened in those days...  lol

We come on the sloop Black Peeg, my first Lefty and me,
around Venice town we did roam.
Drinking all night, got into a fight,
this is the worst trip, I've ever been on...

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2024, 03:27:53 PM »
just done the whole thread, those Elite miniatures are hidden gems and nicely priced, had not seen them. Sadly, their site is not behaving and falls over when linking to paypal...

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2024, 04:49:28 PM »
It was a good game, wasn’t it m’lud….I don’t think either of us had looked at Silver Bayonets for a couple of years so it was like starting from scratch really. There were a few delays in getting started when my extempore bookmarks kept sliding out of the rulebook but we got there in the end.

The format of playing a solo scenario as a co-operative worked well via a video link.. The gameplay was fun, enhanced by your fantastic, burgeoning, Venice setting. At one point, it seemed as though the wolves would be never ending, as fast as we killed them, more appeared. However, getting rid of the werewolf, with everyone who could do shooting at it, certainly made things more relaxing. And finding the all important papers at the first attempt was very handy.

So, a success all round I would say - thanks for the game; I look forward to the next foray into the mysterious backwaters of Venice.

Doug

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #86 on: Today at 06:21:56 AM »
Absolutely fantastic! I love your game! I recognize some of the figures from Col. Bill's, but most of them I don't think I've seen. Where did you find them?
« Last Edit: Today at 06:37:54 AM by MaleGriffin »
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper