Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:26:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Secrets of Teutonic Efficiency?  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Secrets of Teutonic Efficiency?
« on: March 24, 2022, 06:46:00 PM »
Back when I started on LAF in 2007, the old Vanguard like the Prof., Grimm, Plynkes, and several others used to make reference to something called Teutonic Efficiency but never really explained it. I was assuming from the conversation they meant being VERY productive at painting minis and scenery. Amped up output was what I got.

Do any of LAF's "Keepers of Secrets" want to share the secrets of this level of efficiency? I know with all the the discussion over the past year from folks (myself included) lamenting over lost mojo, maybe this will help.  lol

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:54:50 PM by Bravo Six »

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Secrets of Teutonic Efficiency?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 12:42:18 AM »
I guess it's all still a secret.  :D

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 03:04:57 AM »
The first rule Teutonic efficiency is you do not talk about Teutonic efficiency. 8)

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 10:30:53 AM »
It's the application of the principle "The best way to own a BMW is to build one."
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 05:54:45 AM »
You must start my memorizing every line of von Clausewitz first - only then will you be able to understand Teutonic efficiency.  It is all explained there. 

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 06:22:27 AM »
I LOVE all these cryptic responses. Thanks gents. I think....

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 10:50:57 AM »
We can't disclose that secret as the you could build your own BMW!

To be true, I don't think there is something like a "teutonic efficiency" everybody can be more or less efficient depending on the amount of work you put into a project.

As speaking of the mojo even a Teutron can lose that once in a while ;)
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 03:16:34 PM »
You should always consider the possibility of the correlation fallacy, in that back in the Golden Days of Yore (TM) we just had a number of prolific contributors who, by coincidence and the fact that in part LAF branched off another German forum, a significant number of whom were German and had spare time at the time.

So there were a number of productive folks who, by coincidence, were German, but no causality to speak of. ;)

Then we got old, lazy and/or moved on to other pastures such as spoilsportingly berating members for bringing politics into a hobby most of us saw focused on the artistic angle. Also, the photobucket debacle put a number of us off rebuilding galleries with other services, me included.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 03:18:24 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 05:39:50 AM »
B6

Hilarious topic, with equally hilarious replies.  Fun to read.

Dan

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 08:24:16 PM »
Causality? Maybe not.

Casualties? Well, uh...

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 08:34:55 PM »
The first rule Teutonic efficiency is you do not talk about Teutonic efficiency. 8)

Okay, so that's Teutonic Efficiency added to the list, with Fight Club, Bruno and Will Smith's wife. Got it.

As someone who was born in Germany, I can't help but feel I'm letting the side down. I very often sit down to paint, only to have an attack of the vapours 15mins later and be forced to recline on the chez longue as various servants feed me peeled grapes.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 09:33:44 PM »
Okay, so that's Teutonic Efficiency added to the list, with Fight Club, Bruno and Will Smith's wife. Got it.

As someone who was born in Germany, I can't help but feel I'm letting the side down. I very often sit down to paint, only to have an attack of the vapours 15mins later and be forced to recline on the chez longue as various servants feed me peeled grapes.

Yes, but I bet you eat the grapes and they server them with great amounts of the unmentionable efficiencies.

No sir, I think you belittle your efforts of contributing  to the continuation of That which I cannot talk about. Every little helps.

Nay as you pine at your slacking at the brush, you provide fruit pickers with much needed work every hour, with much deserved 15 minute breaks to peel, when you return to your brushworks.

Sadly I feel that its the likes of me, not by my very nature and fibres, able to contribute to the unmentionables as you do, and not involved in the trade of picking or peeling of grapes for consumption.

Through my attendance and nature I find myself diluting and degrading your much higher levels of that which must not even be named.

Alas, a wo, and a bugrit, with apologies, may you be able to continue being that which unlike grapes, I cannot fully mention.

Even as I and others must sit back and consider that which we lack, and your chez longue brim-eth over with. No speak no more of it! Lest the grapes sour.

Last just to say, may your grapes not ferment, your feeds not forment, and your painting continue to excel every quarter of the hour.

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 11:00:37 PM »
@Dan, YES! This thread is both informative AND hilarious! Grapes and Will Smith and all.

Thanks for the insights and contributions gents.

I posed the question to Grimm and the Prof on Facebook directly and they replied "No Comment".  lol

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2022, 11:54:08 PM »
My Dad addressed that many years ago.  When my cousin arrived in his Mexican VW Golf, my Dad: "look at these thin ass doors!  They shut airtight!  Damn Ford has a one inch gap!  The "Japanese," ( I know, but this was in the 80's) and Germans don't have the UAW!  Know how they do it? Sub assemblies!"   Lol
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2022, 09:57:11 AM »
Ve have vays zu make you effizient aber it vould zimply be too ineffizient to exzplain.
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/