Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689225
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Town of Greenfield - 3D Printable Suburban Terrain  (Read 1685 times)

Offline LambdaFive

• Lurker
Hey everyone,

I originally launched this kickstarter with Marvel: Crisis Protocol in mind, but folks in the Post-Apoc gaming community seem to be pretty enthusiastic about it, and one of my backers brought this forum to my attention and suggested I post about it here. It's a line of 80's themed, 3D printable suburban homes and scatter terrain I'm calling the Town of Greenfield.

This is my first entry, which I'm calling The Jacksons. It's based on a split-level home design you see everywhere in the 'burbs. I designed it to print on Ender 3 sized print beds without supports and to be easy to assemble.

I have some extra bits, too, for exterior decoration. There's an electric meter, a mailbox, a doghouse, a heatpump, some garbage cans, and for funsies, a hatch for a backyard bucker. :P

I'm thinking for each house, I'm also going to add an accompanying vehicle. For this one, the icon 80's station wagon (the "Dragon Wagon", heh) seemed appropriate.

For those that don't have 3D printers themselves, I have a number of backers who have purchased the commercial license for selling physical prints. I'll be gathering links from those folks and making them available when we launch our webstore.

Comments, crits, and suggestions are welcome! I'm always on the lookout for new ideas for the next one.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: [Commercial] Town of Greenfield - 3D Printable Suburban Terrain
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 10:26:13 PM »
That looks great, I like the extra touch of the bunk hatch! Is this scalable for 15mm?
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline LambdaFive

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 03:11:27 AM »
That has definitely been a common request. I'm doing to do a test print of the house as a single piece on a resin printer to see if it passes muster. If so, I'll try to include it as part of the Extras pack.

Later, I will very likely do a dedicated release of all the Mallard Hill houses remastered specifically for 6mm and 15mm scales.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 05:56:35 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 08:47:59 AM »
Pretty nice stuff, that can be usable for a bunch of different games and settings.

You've optimized for filament printing I see. Any chance of accomodating resin printers with smaller beds?
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 03:49:26 AM »
Commendable that you are planning to set up arrangements for those that do not have printers. Would be nice if more vendors provided that option. Best of luck with your Kickstarter.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 09:24:55 PM »
I'm a backer. Pretty pumped about this one as decent houses are hard to find. I don't care for MDF options. I'm looking forward to all the future plans as well.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 04:20:04 AM »
Great looking house, should be useful to a lot of people. I suspect the 7TV crowd and "Tales from the Loop" style settings could use it as well. I do have some 80s kids STLs that I haven't printed, they're going to need a house...
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 04:44:08 AM »
Fantastic looking sculpt, I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection. Unfortunately I don't have a printer so am glad to see you plan on providing links to people with the right to print commercially so there is still a chance this could yet grace my tabletop. Thanks very much for that and looking anxiously towards future additions.