Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686652
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 29, Let's Go! - *Update* Campaign Finished!  (Read 5389 times)

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Re: 29, Let's Go! - *Update* Campaign Game 3
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2022, 03:13:36 PM »
@CapnJim: Well, they kinda did in game #3, but I think they still need to figure the coordinaiton out. :)

Yeah - arty does work better when you can actually get it on target and on time properly...... ;)
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2022, 06:03:34 PM »
Yeah - arty does work better when you can actually get it on target and on time properly...... ;)

I think it was Clausewitz who said "it's all about getting stuff on target and on time properly, innit."  :D

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2022, 03:19:10 PM »
Heyhey, finally we got to go on with our "29, Let's Go!" campaign. Game#4, once more the Probe at La Cambe!

https://www.tabletopstories.net/language/en/2022/06/29-lets-go-game-4/

Hope you enjoy the article!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 11:21:32 AM by Battle Brush Sigur »

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
Re: 29, Let's Go! - *Update* Campaign Game 4
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2022, 04:34:53 PM »
Fantastic figures and a great looking game!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2022, 02:58:22 PM »
Another nail biter!

When I saw the picture of the US team only inches away from the board edge, I was sure it was over, but they were turned in the nick of time.

A great write up again!  8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2022, 09:07:44 PM »
Great report again!  The Americans are having a run of hard luck, though.  Oh well...

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2022, 01:27:39 PM »
@MaleGriffin: Thank you! :) US figures, terrain, drinks and the German Pak40 all provided by Col.Bourne, so most of the praise goes his way of course. :)

@Daeothar: I experienced it quite the same. :D I was quite certain that that time they'd break through.

@CapnJim: Aye, you could say that. After each game I'm checking weather or not we're playing the hedges wrong or something, but so far I haven't found anything in that regard.

With a slight delay, here's the tale of game #4 told from the US point of view:

https://leadpoet.blogspot.com/2022/07/29-lets-go-probe-at-la-cambe-turn4-map-1.html?m=1

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: 29, Let's Go! - *Update* Campaign Game 5
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2022, 10:28:49 AM »
'ello. :) After a few months of pause we finally got together again to continue the 29, Let's Go! pint-sized campaign. This time we moved on to map 2 which posed interesting new challenges.

Here's an AAR from the German point of view, written by yours truly:

https://www.tabletopstories.net/language/en/2022/11/29-lets-go-game-5/

...and here's the whole thing from the US point of view:

http://leadpoet.blogspot.com/2022/11/29-lets-go-turn-5-map-2.html?m=1

Hope you enjoy the articles!

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2022, 12:53:23 PM »
Yay; the battle continues! 8)

Another great, but rather short battle report. The German defense is really very stiff and considering the terrain, there's very little the Americans can do to answer. The loss of Obergefreiter Lohse will be felt during the next engagement though...

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2022, 07:17:30 PM »
Yay; the battle continues! 8)

Another great, but rather short battle report. The German defense is really very stiff and considering the terrain, there's very little the Americans can do to answer. The loss of Obergefreiter Lohse will be felt during the next engagement though...

Quite!

Yeah, the terrrain is harsh. I'm constantly thinking we're playing the hedges wrong or something, but it seems like it's correct that way. The shortness of the battle report is due to the fact that we were getting back into the rules after a pause (plus: new map!) and I was busy trying to memorize rules and figuring out how to play. Not to mention that I'm a bit unsure if people are all that interested in the details or not. Let me know!

Also: I'm not taking my camera to these games any more, just the cellphone, and I'm really dissatisfgied with how those come out. I may have to play around with the settings, but then again, there's few things as undignified as having to do things with smartphones. :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 08:43:01 PM by Battle Brush Sigur »

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2023, 10:37:23 PM »
Heyhey, the AARs of the final two games of our 29, Let's Go! campaign are up now.

https://www.tabletopstories.net/language/en/2023/01/29-lets-go-games-6-7-the-finale/

Hope you enjoy the write-up and find it interesting. Col.Bourne, writing about the games from the US perspective should have his AARs up soon as well.

edit: In fact I realized he already started putting up campaign updates on the US side, starting with an unfortunate incident: http://leadpoet.blogspot.com/2023/01/29-lets-go-death-from-above.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 10:41:14 PM by Battle Brush Sigur »

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 29, Let's Go! - *Update* Campaign Finished!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2023, 04:34:47 PM »
Well, perhaps the Americans will do better in the future.  They can't do much worse, can they?

Also: I'm not taking my camera to these games any more, just the cellphone, and I'm really dissatisfgied with how those come out. I may have to play around with the settings, but then again, there's few things as undignified as having to do things with smartphones. :D

Then color me undignified.  All my minis shots are taken with a smartphone... ;)

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2023, 07:40:04 PM »
Excellent stuff, thank you for posting. Your tables and forces look great. Always interesting to see the battles from both sides as well.

Balm
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2023, 01:13:33 PM »
@CapnJim: I'll call you more capable at handling a smartphone camera. I'm sure my telephone photocamera could do better if I was willing to fiddle with the settings, but I dislike smartphones so much on so many different levels that I find it hard to spend any more time with it than I have to. :D

@BeneathALeadMountain: Cheers, thanks for reading! Yeah, there's always room for improvement in terms of looks, but given how we (meaning Col.Bourne :D )have to set up and tear down the table each time it always looks really good. I like the buildings and roads in particular.

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2023, 09:35:35 PM »
I can totally relate to that as I don’t have a dedicated gaming space (yet) and my terrain and tabletop aspirations are high. It takes longer and longer to set the table every time - I have at least limited my future projects to using one of the two main terrain sets I’ve already got with some different scatter terrain to help the illusion. That initial game we played with fully painted forces and scenery was the slippery first step to my ruination (or maybe divorce! lol ).

Looking forward to your next PSC,

Andrew
Balm