Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:13:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691087
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Czech Legion Osprey book  (Read 11998 times)

former user

Re: Czech Legion Osprey book
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 11:58:31 AM »
pleasure to be of use  ;)
I recall some kind of system for making decals of Your own, but it's so long ago that I completely forgot how it worked .... >:( :-[

and for Czech speaking people there is the Movie "Zborov", a 1938 propaganda about the soon to be Legion Czech Brigade's involvement in the Brussilov Offensive (translation appreciated  ;)):

battle scenes start around part 06  ;)

former user

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »
Please, I would like to read oppinions about Renegade's early WWI french chasseur miniatures to be used as Czechoslovak legionnaries in the "vladivostok" uniform?? And also the dragoons from the same range standing in for the czech cavalry regiments

of course in the appropriate colour
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:07:51 AM by bedwyr »

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 09:54:29 AM »
former user

I dont have my Osprey in front of me, but from memory the cavalry had low cossack style hats with a small stiff plume at the front.  If I am correct, then Copplestone BoB Russian cavalry figures with a small conversion on the hat would be better.
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

former user

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 11:07:11 AM »
maybe
how about the infantry?

cutting of the brim and glueing some felt replacement for 10 figures or so seems more simpler to me...
I was more concerned with the uniform, since the "vladivostok" one looks pretty french in cut and I prefer the czechs to look more western with all these russian uniforms around

that was the idea
so what do You think?

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 06:23:53 PM »
maybe
how about the infantry?

cutting of the brim and glueing some felt replacement for 10 figures or so seems more simpler to me...
I was more concerned with the uniform, since the "vladivostok" one looks pretty french in cut and I prefer the czechs to look more western with all these russian uniforms around

that was the idea
so what do You think?

Know what you mean.  Don't know as I am in Switzerland at the moment and nowhere near my library.  Will be reunited next week.

former user

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 11:17:09 AM »
just fine, we are not on the run

don't break Your leg   ;)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »
Know what you mean.  Don't know as I am in Switzerland at the moment and nowhere near my library.  Will be reunited next week.

So am I. Where are you at, Ignatieff? Got time for a tot?

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 12:23:43 PM »
So am I. Where are you at, Ignatieff? Got time for a tot?

Villars sur Ollon (Vaud).  Till Tuesday.  Where you?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 01:28:15 PM »
On the other side of Lake Geneva. In the Jura mtns, not far from Gland. Here till Sunday.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 07:33:46 PM »
nearly died crossing the Jura two years ago at Easter, has bad memories for me  :-[  'Gland' always makes me smile though  lol  Next time!!!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »
nearly died crossing the Jura two years ago at Easter, has bad memories for me  :-[  'Gland' always makes me smile though  lol  Next time!!!

Aye, 'tis lawless country over here. 'Rolle' and 'Bulle' provokes a gentle giggle among Swedes to. Yes, next time. Would have had trouble AWOLing myself from the family. Col. fivers lead a foray towards Gruyere today, scouring the land for cheese, that's about as close as we got to your end. Bonne fin d'année!

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 09:16:41 AM »
And to you my friend!  Send me a PM next time you are heading down these parts.  Easter and summer are my next most likely sojourns. (You can tell its Christmas, we havent been 'shut down' yet!!)

former user

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 09:26:59 AM »
the cavalry had low cossack style hats with a small stiff plume at the front.  If I am correct, then Copplestone BoB Russian cavalry figures with a small conversion on the hat would be better.
I'll throw in an alibi "on topic"  ;)

the Copplestone Russian cavalry has either papakha's, which are sort of flattening transversally towards the top, or kubankas/kolchakovkas, which are rather small

the czech cavalry had cylindrical hats that widen towards the top and have this distinctive cut in the front and the plume

so, in converting BOB cavalry, I would have to do probably more work than simply pasting some "fur" to the french chakkos, and cutting of the brim - that was my idea
of course BOB cavalry is just fine as it is for Czechs
oh yes, would anyone care to do a "renegade christmas deal" for me? I'm afraid the 30% postage would eat up the price reduction...

btw, were you climbing 2 years ago in the Jura or "just hiking" ?  only in case You want to share such an experience of course...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:31:27 AM by bedwyr »

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 04:11:05 PM »
Good man.  I think your right on the hats after all.  The pants were fuller as well, almost jodhpur like.  Maybe Mr C will issue some to go with his Czech infantry?

Ignatieff

(Jura - driving en famille in a blizzard, and the Swiss hadnt cleared or gritted the road - unlike on the French side.  And let me assure you, there is nothing more invigorating than a 2 ton X5 spinning on a narrow mountain road with a sheer drop on the other side!!)

former user

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 06:04:18 PM »
damn it!

such things one would normally not expect from the swiss

lucky You and Your family  :-*