Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:02:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Great Escape - The Game  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: The Great Escape - The Game
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2022, 08:16:29 PM »
I see the graves appear to be outside of the camp? I wonder ifnthe guards would notice an extra one that might provide a tunnel entrance?
I have it on good authority that with 4 fingers and a thumb the guards can count to 5 but once they start to use their other hand things get confusing. So we might need a few more graves for your plan to work.
However you've probably noticed subtlety isn't my forte and I  think  I'm only left with Spankers and Auntie Edna to effect a break in/out. This is probably a 3 glasses of whiskey problem.

A ripping yarn! Hard cheese for the would-be rescuers, but they'll be back at the wicket before long.

Unfortunately while Snappers Dougers and Vaggers are well versed in the subtly of 5 day Test cricket, Spankers is more of your 1 day knock out game and I'm not sure she understands the "at the wicket" phrase.
Cheers

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2022, 08:46:47 AM »

Unfortunately while Snappers Dougers and Vaggers are well versed in the subtly of 5 day Test cricket, Spankers is more of your 1 day knock out game and I'm not sure she understands the "at the wicket" phrase.
Cheers
So long as she doesn’t "step up to the plate and throw a curve ball", or any other of that  baseball nonsense, we’ll be fine.

Doug

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2022, 05:22:58 PM »
No, no, no.  You see, some "baseball nonsense" is exactly what the doctor ordered.  She needs to throw a change-up and nick the inside corner of the plate.  Catch the batter looking.  Strike him out that way.  And that, my good men, is their ticket out of their current lodgings...
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2022, 05:39:58 PM »
Some form of cunning ruse may be in order.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 05:43:00 PM by Cubs »
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2022, 01:17:00 AM »
However you've probably noticed subtlety isn't my forte and I  think  I'm only left with Spankers and Auntie Edna to effect a break in/out. This is probably a 3 glasses of whiskey problem.

That could be the kernel of a new plan. Spankers & Auntie E, specially 'spiced' baked goods and whiskey.  No explosions and knocking but well it would have whiskey going for it.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2022, 05:15:40 AM »
No, no, no.  You see, some "baseball nonsense" is exactly what the doctor ordered.  She needs to throw a change-up and nick the inside corner of the plate.  Catch the batter looking.  Strike him out that way.  And that, my good men, is their ticket out of their current lodgings...

CapnJim let me see if I understand you.
Throw a charge up, so fling an explosive charge or grenade.
Nick the corner of the plate, so steal the corner of a round plate! I.e. set him a riddle.
Catch the batter looking, so let him see you.
Strike him out that way, so hit him with something.

So while he's looking at you, set him a riddle and hit him with something explosive.

Well that might work.  o_o o_o o_o

That could be the kernel of a new plan. Spankers & Auntie E, specially 'spiced' baked goods and whiskey.  No explosions and knocking but well it would have whiskey going for it.

So if we put Spankers and Auntie Edna in a pantomime cow with a bottle of whisky and ignore CptnJims advice about knocking and charges you think that might work better. Hummmm. lol lol lol

I greatly appreciate these kernels of wisdom and will endeavor to include them in my next cunning plan to break into and then out of the camp. :D
Cheers

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2022, 08:12:28 AM »
There's always the "you're a little short for a stormtrooper" approach. A 'local' patrol gas picked up the dastardly saboteurs and is bringing them in to the camp. Do any of the remaining team speak German?

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2022, 09:34:36 AM »
Do any of the remaining team speak German?

Ilsa Spankhurst (Spankers) is German by birth. Born as Ilsa von Spanckwürst, in pre-war Berlin, her mother is Merkin von Spanckwürst. The story of Ilsa's adventures in Berlin and escape to war-torn Britain to join the SOE, is yet to be revealed.

After the war, Ilsa was employed at Snapcase Hall as the strict disciplinarian housekeeper. Unfortunately, her mother, driven mad by events yet to be revealed, has had to be incarcerated in the attic of the east wing. Old Scrotum (the wrinkled old Snapcase family butler), keeps her well supplied with Wiener Schnitzel and schnapps and other delicacies.

It's rumoured that Ilsa's brother (a committed Nazi) was a member of the Vril Society and disappeared in New Swabia, Antarctica. Apparently Merkin's insanity is linked to this event, in mysterious circumstances.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 09:37:12 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2022, 05:06:30 PM »
Antarctica?!  Probably a derelict secret nazi base up there over run with giant penguins.  I bet the penguins got to poor Merlin too.

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »
CapnJim let me see if I understand you.
Throw a charge up, so fling an explosive charge or grenade.
Nick the corner of the plate, so steal the corner of a round plate! I.e. set him a riddle.
Catch the batter looking, so let him see you.
Strike him out that way, so hit him with something.

So while he's looking at you, set him a riddle and hit him with something explosive.

Well that might work.  o_o o_o o_o

Um, Sure?  I must say, that is quite the creative interpretation.  Well done, lad!  You get a gold star on your report card.... :D

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2022, 12:56:41 PM »

I wonder if this might do

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2022, 05:57:26 PM »
 lol

Perfect!

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2022, 10:31:14 PM »
Nice nun.  Where's her yardstick?   :D

And her base label now has "Sister Matilda, Sister Matilda, Who'll come a waltzing Matilda with me..." going through my head... :o

Offline wolfen

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2022, 12:40:29 AM »
I’m a bit late to the party but this was such a fun read!