Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:39:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Orctober in Middle-Earth  (Read 9520 times)

Offline WitchQueenofAngmar

• Bookworm
Re: Orctober in Middle-Earth
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2022, 05:22:18 AM »
Thankfully I'm on Pacific time so it's still the 4th and here's Gulbrand, today's orc.

This little guy is from Medbury Miniatures. The shield I think is from Wargames Atlantic Goth infantry.

Online Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2022, 06:55:32 AM »
Another excellent addition to the horde! I don’t think I have heard of Medbury miniatures, I’ll have to look them up.

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2022, 02:40:11 PM »
Another excellent addition to the horde! I don’t think I have heard of Medbury miniatures, I’ll have to look them up.

Much appreciated! They're 3D prints, I got mine from Mcdougall Designs.

Online Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2022, 03:49:54 PM »
Okay, cool! I don’t have a 3D printer yet, but some friends do. And buying prints is an option, from the sounds of it.

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2022, 05:16:16 PM »
I'm in the same boat, Etsy is usually where I buy 3d prints, since a lot of sellers on there buy the licenses from the designers & sell the prints.

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2022, 01:27:10 AM »
Today I fumbled on the orc, but can't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. This ugly guy is made from a warlord games/wargames factory head on an Oathmark orc body, a Shieldwolf Shieldmaidens shield, a Frostgrave Demon arm with a WG orc spare scimitar added for length, and a Fireforge Northern infantry shield arm

Not my best work, but an orc is an orc!

Online Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2022, 05:38:23 PM »
Nice kitbash! The heavily armoured arms definitely give the impression this orc is in an elite rather than a standard orc (a warrior rather than a soldier, in Oathmark game terms). I’m guessing the arms are from the Frostgrave demons set (I don’t have that one yet), and the head is from the Warlord set. I don’t recognize the shield, though.

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2022, 07:17:34 PM »
Nice kitbash! The heavily armoured arms definitely give the impression this orc is in an elite rather than a standard orc (a warrior rather than a soldier, in Oathmark game terms). I’m guessing the arms are from the Frostgrave demons set (I don’t have that one yet), and the head is from the Warlord set. I don’t recognize the shield, though.

Thank you! The shield is from the Shieldmaidens kit made by Shieldwolf Miniatures, they're very tall & thin psuedo-Norse warriors, a bit more armored than the fur & chain bikini type of models. The shields in this kit look very good as dwarven shields, claimed in battle or freshly forged.

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2022, 08:28:22 PM »
Nice work, getting a mini finished per day is a foe beyond me. I'll maybe get a couple of Orcs finished this month if I keep on plan.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2022, 08:36:52 PM »
Sounds really cool! What's your favorite find so far?

Always happiest when I dig through the "junk" and find named character figures from the Mithril LotR range. I used to collect them heavily but had to sell them off some years ago, finding them again is always good as they are all OOP now. The Witch King Mounted/Dismounted was the best so far.

I am enjoying the variety you are getting with your Orcs. They will end up as a real shambles of bits and pieces of armour and weapons, just like the original source references.

• Bookworm
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2022, 01:08:10 AM »
Always happiest when I dig through the "junk" and find named character figures from the Mithril LotR range. I used to collect them heavily but had to sell them off some years ago, finding them again is always good as they are all OOP now. The Witch King Mounted/Dismounted was the best so far.

I am enjoying the variety you are getting with your Orcs. They will end up as a real shambles of bits and pieces of armour and weapons, just like the original source references.

Mithril's s good line sounds like a blast finding those good pieces!

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2022, 06:32:13 AM »
Just in the nick of time! Today was an extremely busy day, so I barely had time for Lurgund, but made it with less than half an hour to spare.

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2022, 09:32:48 PM »
Finished quite early so here's today's project. Another orc based around the Frostgrave Demon set, but with legs and head from the Wargames Atlantic goblins.

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2022, 03:00:21 AM »
The 8th orc is a mishmash of Oathmark heavy dwarf infantry, Saxon ceorl legs, & Wargames Atlantic goblin head.

• Bookworm
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2022, 03:17:04 AM »
Another orc in looted dwarven armor. Let's hope this kit is strong enough for another go!