Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:54:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Unit cards for T&T  (Read 2004 times)

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
Unit cards for T&T
« on: October 20, 2022, 04:25:18 PM »
Putting together some unit cards for a convention game I'm running next month. I''ll have 7-9 player forces plus another 5-6 NPC styled small units (random events intended for chaos and mayhem). Doing three small units of 6-7 models plus a hero per force.

Cards are done in Visio. I went back and forth on whether to do pics in color or greyscale (for that 19C effect), but decided on color to help folks ID their units bit easier.

First up are the "Big Game Hunters" and the "Ladies Flora, Fauna, and Browning Appreciation Society":

Followed by the "Renegades" and "Frontier Police":

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: Unit cards for T&T
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 06:32:07 PM »
They look really good.
I assume you are using Björn's small unit rule amendments as a 6 figure unit will not have much staying power given how quickly suppressions rack up. 

@Björn:  Did you ever complete those after the playtests? There are a couple of threads here where you mention them but I do not recall seeing them released.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 06:50:33 PM »
They look really good.
I assume you are using Björn's small unit rule amendments as a 6 figure unit will not have much staying power given how quickly suppressions rack up. 

@Björn:  Did you ever complete those after the playtests? There are a couple of threads here where you mention them but I do not recall seeing them released.

Thanks!

Not sure what those are exactly - I have read through this sub-forum multiple times trying to gather any/all specifics discssed. If you have and can share the particulars that would be great.

A couple things I am doing:

I have reduced heroes to 2 HP, and will probably have units retreat after failing an MC after CC.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 12:03:21 AM by pacarat »

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 11:37:26 PM »
Nice cards.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 12:07:17 AM »
Nice cards.

Thanks, it was a real pain to get an initial layout, but now I can just copy and paste from template rows for each level and weapon.

And rereading some back posts on forum this morning I found a mistake in my musket stats, so had to tweak and reprint 12 cards.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 11:17:23 AM »
Regretfully I do not have details of the small unit rules, Björn did not post anything other than a few discussion ideas (in the threads here which you presumably found already).

To keep a small unit active you will need to find a way of removing the suppression markers before they mount up enough to trigger a morale check (or as in one of Björn's suggestions ignore suppression altogether).
Maybe allow each hero to remove d6 suppression from a unit as a free action when he activates if within 1" of the unit (a variation on the Formation rule.) Although a D6 may be too many, d6-1 perhaps or a d4 or d3? or make it a chance rather than automatic?

Small units are not something I have played with so just an idea.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 01:53:25 PM »
I haven’t played any T&T games yet so it will be interesting… I am planning to run through a bunch of solo set pieces to get the mechanics firmly in my head prior to the con.

Regarding suppression I have set something up like that as a skill for the renegade hero (see card above).

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 02:06:24 PM »
The cards do look fantastic ! Thanks for sharing.
We started for games with a more historical approach only 1 HP for all figs on the table.

No small scale units rules official  yet.

What we did, is lots of game testing with supp markers and effects on morale!  Although I like the T&T morale rules, I am , was…not very happy anymore. Lots of other games use simmilar rules. But I think the morale rules from 2006 and 2007 are easy to game. The rules change for close combat outcome is easy to calculate but may be a bit bumpy for beginners.

We are currently working with modifiers when you have, lets say 4 supps - 1 on Testung morale.

I will speak with Alex, my T&T chief designer  ;) and will post our new ideas as suggestions here.

Anyway, if you game with small units only, the staying power is more or less the same for the players.

You guys inspire me.
, ,

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 02:07:28 PM »
T&T works solo very good