Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:26:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690474
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Traveller Free Trader Beowulf Starship STLs and PDF deck plans  (Read 980 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2nddynasty/free-trader-beowulf-starship

STLs for 28mm Free Trader, PDF deck plans, other craft add-ons, including 28mm Type-S Scout

I am either going to come to my senses and realise I don't have room for two feet long models, or this is going to get expensive o_o

Campaign runs until 18 November and is already funded

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
They're very nice.

Shame no dedicated in 15mm anymore but I understand there reasons, would happily get them in both 28mm and 15mm if money, space and time allowed!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
I know what you mean :)

I have largely come to my senses, especially when I found that you can buy individual 1/270 versions of most of the ships - https://www.2nddynasty.com/?page_id=1631

There are several ships I have wanted in that scale for longer than I care to admit :-*

Watching a video of the Scout being printed helped calm me down as well - 490 hour print time :o

Online nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
Not having a 3d printer, I dread to think how much it would cost to have someone print it out for me. IIRC, when I had their Warp shuttle and various options printed, it cost me about £150 in total and this new starship is massive!

Shame really, as I can see it making a nice proxy Starfleet ship.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
Shame no dedicated in 15mm anymore but I understand there reasons, would happily get them in both 28mm and 15mm if money, space and time allowed!
People do scale down his ships to 15mm.  Now you only have to worry about money and space. 
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Would love one in 15mm/18mm scale, though probably can't afford it.

Way past time to try making a reasonable proxy with foam insulation.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
As enticing as these might be, I'm going to pass on them, mainly due to storage issues. I do get a very strong Elite vibe with some of those ships and I really loved that game back in the day!

Also, I have the Hasbro 1/48 Millennium Falcon for use in 28mm games (plan is to build a full interior in there. One day... ::) ). But it is stupidly huge on the table and I can't find a suitable storage location for it either! So right now it sits wedged between some storage boxes and a wall, but that won't do when it's all painted etc.

So getting even more unreasonably large ships to join it just won't do I fear. Wonderful models though! 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
I had that Millenium Falcon as well. Like you I couldn't find a space for it, so it languished in the loft for several years.

I finally gave it away to my great-nephews, although I suspect it was diverted to the bin before it reached them  :(

I don't envy you trying to build an interior for it :o