Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:34:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Masters of The Universe Battleground. (She-Ra and Swiftwind, page4)  (Read 7690 times)

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Re: Masters of The Universe Battleground. (big update)
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2023, 04:32:56 PM »
Many thanks for the kind words.

I briefly felt young and carefree again looking at them  lol

I wish I had an excuse to buy them!

Having that feeling was mostly my excuse to buy them. MotU was probably the first cartoon that really fired up my child brain. I feel it only existed a pretty short while and I never owned a lot. But I remember vividly drooling over some of the awesome figures in the toystore.

Excellent additions. Nice contrasts with the popping highlights. Have you seen wave 4?

On order somewhere this month...€39 for the box, a steal IMO!

I hadn't seen that picture with the painted models yet. I had been holding of buying wave 3, figuring I mght not need everything for this game. As with most games, I rarely play and mostly paint.
But wave 4 is an instant buy for me. Hordak, Shadowweaver and Grizzlor are classics and the horde trooper was for some reason or the other a figure I always really wanted.
I don't really recall Cathra and the wraiths, but I'm sure to paint them up
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2023, 11:40:46 AM »
Wave 4 on sale...including an epic mounted Hordak*!

https://archon-studio.com/shop/

*The model is a "Trade exclusive", which means you can buy it at trade shows or in their own webstore at certain times. At the moment it is available until February 26. But as fas as I understood you can't get the model through your FLGS.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2023, 10:25:23 PM »
Love it keep 'em coming.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2023, 08:28:14 AM »
Having seen them in the flesh I can only echo what others have said; great work!

My personal favourite is Teela; I really like how you amalgated the two versions of her into a coherent whole, which looks better than both of the originals 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2023, 12:23:04 PM »
Thank you all.
Ordered the entire 4th wave.
I was making a dent in my collection but this means I'll get a lot more to paint for this project in the coming weeks.
As you do...

In the meantime I first finished Triclops.
I did a bit of work on him while struggling with Evil_Lyn and just ended up enjoying painting a relativly easier model first.
I like his green/gold colourscheme.

As I said, Evil-Lyn was a struggle. Not only did I not see where her head was connected on the sprue (I ended up needing to resculpt part of her chest), During painting her staff broke. Twice.
With the pinning and the glueing, she ende up a bit of a frustration, but I am pleased with the end result.

Next up is probably Trap jaw, but I might get side-tracked. I've recently received the entire vallejo xpress speed paint range and I am looking forward to painting my Zombicide with them. I'm hoping to set a record for most painted models this year and currently the plan is to alternate MotU with zombicide.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 08:13:53 PM by The Voivod »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Masters of The Universe Battleground. (Triklops and Evil_lyn added)
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2023, 12:27:38 PM »
I had the same problem with Evil Lynn and cut off too much plastic:( helped myself with putty.
Your models look awesome! Definitely the Power!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2023, 07:58:47 AM »
Hehehehe, One of us! One of us! One of us! I also clipped off too much when removing her head from the sprue and the staff broke off with mine too lol
But good results man! Great blues on the dame and Triclops his blade is fantastic!

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2023, 09:32:11 AM »
Always loved Evil-Lyn cracking work.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2023, 02:20:58 PM »
(More) great stuff!  8)

Here I like Triclops the best I think; something about the colours. Also; your paintjobs are getting better and better!

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2023, 07:44:59 PM »
Thanks,

Good to hear I'm not the only one who struggle with Lyn. Fits the character I suppose. Not an woman to cooperate with just anyone.
yeah, I enjoyed Triclops more than I thought. I found I enjoy painting big slaps of meat and muscle. Somehow it seems I find it's easier to see where to put the shade and highlights. Maybe just all those beefed up GW models and such I've painted over the years.
And the jadegreen/gold does look spiffy.

Getting an itch to slap some nice bright colour on some marvel crisis protocol, but today I received a new horde of mini's: Hordak has entered the battleground. Not gonna have a lot of time this weekend to hobby. I'm kinda impressed how they fitted 6 different sculpts, all in different pieces, on such a tiny sprue.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2023, 03:44:37 PM »
Small update:

Currrently sticking together the Hordes box.
Lovely as always. I think the price/quality for this games is outstanding. I've heard some rumors the next wave will contain 3 models/box with Fisto confirmed.
Curious if the price point will remain the same. The smaller(2figure) packs thus far, have come with some scenery additions, so if the plastic isn't increased, the 17 euro price point will be outstanding value for money.

In the meantime I finished Trapjaw. He was fun. I actually painted the metal parts with a solid layer of the new Vallejo xpress paint. I miced up some blue with black and  liker the outcome. I did find I needed to add some additional places of highlight to get a more solid NMM look, but the speedpaint effect was impressive.
The rest of the colours make a lovely contrast I think, especially the green and violet aren't colours that I need to paint often and they have a lovely pop against the darker  black and blue.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 03:49:10 PM by The Voivod »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Masters of The Universe Battleground. (Now with 100% more Trapjaw)
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2023, 05:57:35 PM »
He‘s become a marvelous nasty biter. Love him!

@Motu: I need to buy the waves 3+, but already from my basic set, I must say, the plastics have nearly GW style precision and quality without ever reaching their price tag - even though they had to pay for a license. That’s pretty amazing!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2023, 07:05:16 PM »
Another fantastic effort! Love ole Trapjaw. :D

One tiny thing - maybe just a bit more shadow in his loincloth? The purple on the helmet is great, but the loincloth is a bit flat in tone - unless that's just the photo?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2023, 07:26:39 PM »
Awesome work again!  8)

I like the purple colour, but were those parts not red in the series?

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2023, 08:48:03 PM »
@Motu: I need to buy the waves 3+, but already from my basic set, I must say, the plastics have nearly GW style precision and quality without ever reaching their price tag - even though they had to pay for a license. That’s pretty amazing!

Maybe MotU isn't that expensive to license. It's certainly no star-wars or marvel. But the plastic are indeed fantastic. I think some of the points they selected to connect them to the sprue might be a bit better on one or two occasions but, though I haven't touched any of the new GW plastics, I don't find the detail to be in anyway inferior to anything I've seen GW produce.

One tiny thing - maybe just a bit more shadow in his loincloth? The purple on the helmet is great, but the loincloth is a bit flat in tone - unless that's just the photo?

Yeah, my fotography skills leave a lot to be desired.  ;D

I like the purple colour, but were those parts not red in the series?

I've gone on the artwork from the character card. The cartoon certainly had more red to it. Also the gun and legs where this hue as welll.  ::)
Only noticed this because you mentioned it and now I wished I saw it sooner, but I'm too pleased with it's current look to adjust it.