Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:48:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694585
  • Total Topics: 118618
  • Online Today: 644
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Post-Apoc Figures and Terrain (Zombies & Urban Scatter added 5/11/24)  (Read 14526 times)

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
That scatter terrain looks good, Mike.  Nicely done!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
So much good stuff and very nicely handled. I’d never heard of that stuff before, I must look out for it.

Excellent work!

Doug

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Thanks, guys -- appreciate the kind words. There's so much of it in there...you could disappear down the rabbit hole painting it up and emerge a year later! So far, I have decided NOT to put scatter in the interiors of my buildings. I figure if I pick a building and do one, it will just show how the others are barren on the inside.

I don't know...do others put scatter on the inside of the building to represent desks, counters, racks, shelves, etc.?

Mike Demana

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
I aspire to, but haven’t gotten that far on any of my 28mm skirmish game projects. Still too focused on putting together enough figures and terrain to cover basics.

Offline Kourtchatovium104

• Scientist
  • An atom from alternate realities...
I always try to put just one or two characteristic pieces of furniture inside buildings, often along the walls (we need space for gaming) but I don't have as many as yours. I also realised that few posters can be very atmospheric, even dragged on the floor...  :)

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike

I like putting posters on walls -- especially for MDF buildings that otherwise might look a bit 2-dimensional. These are from a Sarissa Precision building that I modified to be a brewpub named in honor of my friend the craft brewer (where we usually do our gaming).

Mike Demana

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
I like the idea of Kourtchatovium’s, of putting a few characteristic pieces in a room. That would signal what the room is, without having to do a full set each time. Pieces could also be moved out of the way for game play when figures need the space.

I have been toying with a similar idea, of making ‘drop in’ pieces - basically a few pieces of furniture on a theme on a base (ex, piano with bench and a vase on it) to go in rooms until the figures need to go there. In another thread someone did something like that done very effectively for sci-fi “tunnel crawl” gaming.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 10:03:48 PM by Pattus Magnus »