Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rimfire: "The Paradise Saloon"....  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Murphy

• Assistant
Rimfire: "The Paradise Saloon"....
« on: January 27, 2023, 12:01:20 AM »
Authors Note: This building was actually finished in May of 2017 during my first round of Western Building Building Binge...

So as you dear reader can see, I've been a bit "busy"...

Taking advantage of a quiet Sunday and finally finishing up this morning, I went ahead completed building #4 of my Western town.
And may I present to you "The Paradise Saloon".

THE PARADISE SALOON:

This is another one of the TCL buildings that was sold by Knuckleduster before they remove the line. As it is, it's a nice kit, but like the others, just cries for customization.
Construction was amazingly easy on it, and so was painting and weathering as the wood does take paint and weathering effects very well.

This will probably be one of my last "Garishly colored" buildings for the town, as paint was expensive back then. So the others might get some color trim or cheap whitewash.

This building came with "furniture", (a bar/shelving/counter), and two tables (no chairs). As this is their "lower class saloon", (and thus for a rougher crowd), most of the "frilly stuff" isn't there.
But it sill could have some customizing done to make it look better.
For this bit, I added "glass" for the windows; (Clear plastic from clam shell blisters).
I replace the small wooden sign with a local designed one.

And now for the backstory....

"The Paradise Saloon was the first saloon opened in Rimfire. Once silver was discovered in the nearby mountains and the Army established Fort Bohica, to protect the travel routes of the miners, the nearby settlers, the town of Rimfire and the railway lines of the Y.U.S.O.B. Rail line that runs across the territory, it was quickly obvious that thirsty folks in Arizona were always willing to put their hard earned money down for a good shot of whiskey.
And thus entered Theodore "Tex" Jones, saloonist and entrepreneur.
The Paradise offered beer, whiskey, some brandy (for the finer folks), corn liquor, (for those that couldn't afford the good stuff), and even an occasional sarsaparilla for those greenhorns that can't handle the hard stuff. Gambling was done in the form of poker, and a piano was provided.
Tex had come from Texas, (His daddy fought under Sam Houston during the Texas Revolution, and said that "Next to Jesus, there was no greater man than Sam Houston."), after the war between the states, and realized that the area was ripe for new business. Tex has a wife, Eloise, and four sons; Sam Houston Jones, William Barrett Travis Jones, Stephen Austin Jones, and David Crockett Jones. A portrait of Sam Houston hangs on the wall of the Paradise.
All poker and gambling games are run fair and square and the sign on the wall that says "No spitting" is enforced.
The Paradise while being the first saloon, would not be the last, and it would soon be outclassed in size and service, as larger establishments such as "The Imperial", and "The Grand Union", would make their appearance, and Rimfire would have it's own infamous "Saloon Row", but it always had a crowd of loyal regulars, like any watering hole does."

Among the pictures posted here include a photograph of "Ol' Jebediah Gitt, is involved in a lively "disagreement" with Mrs. Alice Rutherford, of the Local Ladies Temperance Society, over "The evils of The Devil's Liquor.";  and what seems to be a real hootenanny going on in the saloon as "The French Flower", the sultry, Miss Angelique, (accompanied by Sam, the piano player), enchants the audience with the hauntingly romantic lyrics "Je t'aimerai au-delà de la tombe ..."

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: Rimfire: "The Paradise Saloon"....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 07:45:02 AM »
Another cool building, I do like what you have done with the interior - not too much, but gives the building some character

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Re: Rimfire: "The Paradise Saloon"....
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 05:14:28 PM »
Love that saloon!  I'll have a whiskey and a cigar, please!  :D
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"