Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Joy of Six 2023 - Just six more sleeps to go.  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Peter at Baccus

• Schoolboy
Joy of Six 2023 - Just six more sleeps to go.
« on: June 03, 2023, 10:55:49 AM »
oy of Six 2023 - Just 29 days to go!

Yes folks, there is just one month to go before the Joy of Six 2023.

.There is a slight edge of panic creeping in as we realise that we had  better get around to doing some of this organisation stuff for the Big  Day.  Given all this, the Joy of Six website www.joysofsix.co.ukwww.joysofsix.co.uk has just been updated with a full list of traders and games on show.    We are very close to finalising both lists and if all goes to plan we’ll  make a layout available in a few days time.
No-one was more surprised than I to find out that this is actually  our tenth show.   It has grown from a very small event to something that  is attracting some of the best games that you will see in any scale and  is acting as a showcase not only for 6mm, but for the wider hobby as a  whole.   The one constant so far as I am concerned is the unique  atmosphere that the show generates.  It is unlike any other wargames  gathering and sets up apart.   I can’t wait.

There are still some places left on the Baccus workshop  tours on Saturday 1st July... Get in touch if you would like to book a  place - first come, first served...

Offline ithoriel

• Scientist
Re: Joy of Six 2023
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 12:25:38 PM »
Train and hotel booked!

Here's hoping the trains will actually run!!
There are 100 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data.

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2023, 06:04:43 PM »
Every year I am bummed because I live in the states and can not attend. Sigh.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2023, 09:24:48 PM »
can't make it as it's the Marston Moor commemoration march
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Peter at Baccus

• Schoolboy
Joy of Six 2023 - Floor plan
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 07:36:32 PM »
With just under three weeks to go before we fling open the doors to the Joy of Six 2023, it’s time to show you what awaits the lucky visitors.  I am delighted to release this year’s floor plan.

As you can see, we have more traders and games than ever before, and the range of games look amazing.  We’ve got historical, science fiction, top notch displays of modelling and some really playable participation games. 

All the details are on www.joysofsix.co.uk, and you can download a pdf version of the floorplan to start working out your itinerary on the day.   It may not quite be Salute, but I can guarantee you won’t get bored or be short of options.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 07:38:34 PM by Peter at Baccus »

Offline Peter at Baccus

• Schoolboy
Joy of Six 2023 - Just six more sleeps to go.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 07:29:09 PM »

With just six days to go until the Joy of Six show, it’s all getting a wee bit hectic here.  Lindy has done the revision of the revision of the revision of the floor plan, negotiating the tricky patch of last minute game cancellations and bringing in replacements.  The floor plan accompanying this post ‘should’ be the final version, but in the last week, we’ve been averaging two changes per day...

Having said all of that, this is shaping up to be a rather tasty little event and I know that there will be some show-stoppers on display.  I was at St. Helens last week for the Phalanx show and there was Charles Rowntree with his latest epic game.    Apparently at the last Phalanx I’d asked him how he would ever be able to outdo the awesome Imjin River table.  ‘With this!’, was his reply.    I will let the photo do the talking.  (Apparently, this is not the full game – there will be more on show on the 2nd July.)

After a year’s hiatus, Peter Wilkes will be back with us staging his Race to Caen game.   Peter’s tables are a byword for beautiful clear and precise modelling and if this image is anything to go by, I think that he will have plenty of admirers all day long.

These are just two of the games on offer.  If you haven’t been to JOS before, I’d suggest that it is well worth a visit.   The quality and breadth of games on show is amazing by any standard.   The guys presenting the games themselves are, to a person, friendly and informative.  The whole ‘buzz’ around the show is unique.   The Joy of Six is just that – A Joy!

For those of you who will be staying in Sheffield on the Saturday night before the show, we have arranged a social event, consisting of drinks, good company and lively conversation.  This will take place at the Rutland Army Hotelhttps://www.rutlandarmssheffield.co.uk/  which is located about a five minute from the show venue and so is ideally suited to those staying in the City Centre hotels.  No need to book – just turn up.

See you all in Sunny Sheffield!