Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:39:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Russian powered armour  (Read 3946 times)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Russian powered armour
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »
Does anyone know of a range that has any Russian powered armour minis in it?

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Russian powered armour
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 06:33:37 PM »
Hey,

There is one piece of power armour that could be used as Russian from Copplestone Castings' Future wars line: Power-Armour Troopers:

I think I myself will use some of the old Warzone figures that I have. I used some Bauhaus figs for my German PanzerKampfSoldat, and so for my Soviet armoured troopers I will likely use Warzone Blood Berets, but paint their berets blue to mimic the Soviet Airborne troops. Here is an example of the fig (can't you just see it in Soviet Russian WWII colours? Not to worry, I am having a hard time picturing it myself :)

aside: Can anyone help with a name for soviet armoured troops? My Russian isn't that great :)

Hope that helps.
n.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Russian powered armour
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 06:43:14 PM »
Urban War VASA Black Legion or Red Guard minus the wings, maybe. For bigger mech-like battlesuits, they also have the "Wolverine" and "Starfire".

"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Russian powered armour
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 08:02:41 PM »
I thought of the VASA suits myself since they have such prominent Soviet iconography but the weapons on them leave me very cold.

The Copplestone suits look interesting. Any idea how large they are? Do they stand higher than a 28mm model?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Russian powered armour
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »
I´ve got three of them for my WW2 Pulp Germans. The models measure 36mm from bottom of foot to top of head.

EM-4 supply the older incarnation (ie, for slottabases, with tab):

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/TROOPERS.html

There, you can even choose the weapon loadout.

I´ve got some pix of the painted minis in my ww2Pulp gallery:

http://www.dminis.com/scratchbuilder_christian/images.html?galleryId=1105&from=World+War+Two+-+Pulp

Strangely, no pics with infantry models. :oops: They are really imposing, though, Bolt Action Miniatures´ Germans stand up to the hip (they´ve got long legs!).

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Russian powered armour
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 11:04:29 PM »
Very nice. Might be an option for the Soviets then. Your paint jobs looks better than the Copplestone paint scheme. Nice work

Where did you get the term 'Panzerkampfanzug' from?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Russian powered armour
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 11:17:34 PM »
Well, being a linguistically adept German native speaker, one has the knack for it... :lol:

Seriously, though, just took the term "Panzerkampfwagen" ("armoured combat vehicle", in the meaning of "tank"), replaced "-wagen" = "car/vehicle" with "-anzug" = "suit", and hey presto, instant milsprech.

:D

Can´t help you with the Russian, though. I like the term "vityaz" ("heroic warrior" to be used with it... I know, though, that the term "bronie-" denotes "armoured". So you´d have to find what is "suit", and you´re on.

Or you take one of the fabled Soviet terms, like "Komsomolets", "Barrikady", "Comrade Lenin/Stalin/Whatsisnameski", "Krasnoy Oktyabr", or such, to give it a solitary name. Like in "Komsomolets artillery tractor". Other names from the Soviet foundation myth could include "Aurora" (named several mecha models like that), "Kronstadt", "Chapayev"... the name "Stalin", incidentally, means "man of steel", so that might be proper, too.