Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:45:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KS] MFC Monster Scenery Container Ship & Shipyard  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
[KS] MFC Monster Scenery Container Ship & Shipyard
« on: October 11, 2023, 06:56:19 AM »
Quite a kickstarter….

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/monsterfightclub/monster-scenery-container-shipyard

… my favorite zombie plan includes securing a container ship and the surrounding container filled shipyard, with the ability to use cranes to move containers to form a defensive perimeter.

And this Kickstarter looks like just the thing to model that plan in miniature but I think it is beyond my budget. That said it may work well for some of you.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: [KS] MFC Monster Scenery Container Ship & Shipyard
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 10:37:01 AM »
Interestingly, I have very recently acquired two secondhand Playmobil cargo ships to turn into my own version of Michi's Doreen and I'm still looking for a good source of containers to load it with.

It'll not be as stonkingly massive on the table as the ship in the KS will be, but should still look right. But truth be told, if you've ever been on or near an actual container ship, you'd know that even the offered ship is just a tiny minnow in comparisson.

I might well be interested in a bunch of those containers though; here's to hoping they will fit/work with my eventual Playmobil setup...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 12:10:54 PM »
Interestingly, I have very recently acquired two secondhand Playmobil cargo ships to turn into my own version of Michi's Doreen and I'm still looking for a good source of containers to load it with.

:D :D Thanks for considering my vessel for your inspiration!
Are you aware that I modeled 20" containers too? They're now sold by Ainsty (and it seems they are cheaper than those MFC ones):
https://www.ainstycastings.co.uk/product-category/streetwise-street-furniture/page/2/

Here you can see them stacked on the deck of my Playmobil Doreen:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 12:18:22 PM by Michi »

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 12:42:05 PM »
Cheers Michi, the Doreen is one of those highlights on LAF for me, even after so many years! I can only hope my effort will come close to your work :)

And I've seen those containers; they're great! 8)

So not to discredit your work, but I was actually referring to the STLs for the containers, which they're also offering (I should have specified that). That way I can print as many as I'll need, even for a full terminal, and even on a different scale (20mm for Gaslands comes to mind).

I'm also hoping I might be able to fiddle with the designs and create some 40 footers as well. The fact that they open up can also add to any scenarios I might come up with. ('find the contraband before the authories arrive' for instance).

One thing is for sure though; physical shipping from the US to the EU is out on economical grounds...

Online dwbullock

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 01:50:02 PM »
A friend of mine is heavily into the MFC containers.  I made a choice to go with Reaper.  It's like a droid/iPhone thing with us.

The MFC are taller, and shorter than the Reaper.  Good quality, though. 

Zero doubts this KS will explode.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 02:49:01 PM »
I originally bought several model trucks with containers at 1/50 scale. But none of the three manufacturers know how to properly scale apparently ::) Also; they're hella expensive. Not a thing if you want one or two, but if you want a bit of a container yard, you're in for it.

So now I have 5 containers that are all different, so a large batch of scaled exactly the same containers would be very, very welcome.

I considered the Reaper ones as well (they're really nice too), but infinitely printing my own for the price of 4 seems like a pretty sweet deal...

Offline Ewart

• Assistant