Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:06:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 'Bloody' Looters in Little Snoring  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: 'Bloody' Looters in Little Snoring
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2024, 09:27:52 AM »
Great looking set up and game, V. I’d somehow missed this thread up until now! 8)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Tom Dulski

• Mad Scientist
  • BOOKWORM
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2024, 12:02:55 PM »

The TOWN looks great!

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2024, 02:03:27 PM »
Lovely looking set-up.   :-*

Maybe, I'll get to play on it soon?

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2024, 02:15:42 PM »
Pro Gloria did some lovely civvies but the range was bought by Warlord and I can no longer find the minis.  :(

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2024, 06:22:34 PM »
Take a look at the townsfolk from Reaper Miniatures.  Slightly more medieval in appearance, but the size matches perfectly with Bloody Miniatures.  They are listed under various categories, Dreadmere, Medieval etc.

Nick I really like the Reaper figures but they're rather expensive for what are essentially scenery figures for me but thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look but doubt I'll spend that amount.
Cheers

Lovely story.
Shows you don't need lots of figures for an excellent game.
Bloody Miniatures are the best. :-*

Pretty much all my games are low count skirmish type actions. They're also mainly solo and I find with some forethought these can be as interesting and sometimes more so than against an opponent. However once the numbers go up to large numbers on the table I can't get that same enthusiasm going.  Not sure why.
The Bloody Mini's are great, the sculpts are excellent and I like the variety of poses. A hard act to follow.

Love the look of the town. 

Rules being used, sir, if I may ask?
Cheers Fifteens, I'm hoping to improve on the base part of the town, I've an idea to create pavement blocks for the buildings to sit on that will make it look as if there are streets rather than just a large cobbled area, also I'm thinking I'll do a town backdrop as opposed to the countryside one I've used above to try and up the overall look of the board.

Rules are as usual based on 2 hour wargames with my interpretations. I'm aiming for back and forth sword fights and the unexpected happening. Makes for an exciting solo story type game.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2024, 06:35:15 PM »
Great looking set up and game, V. I’d somehow missed this thread up until now! 8)

I'm afraid you have a lot to answer for; after reading your Scottish thread I was quite enthused about border raiding and painted some Border Reivers that I bought about 4 years ago, I now need to create some blackhouse style hovels for the poor sort of hamlets I intend to raid. I just  can't decide how to make field stone buildings, if they would be round stones/boulders or dry stone walled types with a rough face on the stone. The only proviso is that I'm not going to build them stone by stone as some people do.  8).

With these ECW's I've been waiting for too long for you to finish your scenery and for the Mad Lord to buy it so I could play over it, so I've had to start on my own.  lol lol

The TOWN looks great!

Thanks Tom

Lovely looking set-up.   :-*

Maybe, I'll get to play on it soon?

I've spent all day tiding my room prior to your visit, I hope you'll be impressed.

Pro Gloria did some lovely civvies but the range was bought by Warlord and I can no longer find the minis.  :(
Thanks SI, I'll send them a mail and see if they still do them. Thanks for the thoughts.
Cheers
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 06:37:26 PM by Vagabond »

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2024, 06:49:50 PM »
 :D

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2024, 07:08:12 PM »
Great looking game, it's the first time I've seen the clear bases actually work well! In some of those pics you can't see them at all.

Funnily enough I live near both a Great Snoring and Little Snoring.