Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:42:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690739
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dark Future  (Read 9117 times)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Re: Dark Future
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 08:33:59 AM »
The game was okay, but I agree the range was the best part. I picked up two copies of the game, extra battlecars, a ton of bikes and just about the complete range of miniatures. Cool stuff

I never played it and though I don't really like the scale I do love the artwork and the background in the book, it's a really great read! 8)

Mixing Necromunda and Gorkamorka together would probably work for vehicle gangs.
Nuclear Renaissance by Ramshackle is another vehicle gang system.
Aberrant Games are still working on Warlands their 20mm post-apoc vehicle game.

I'm quite curious how the full version of Warlands will turn out but I would want to play it at 28mm scale, from what I've seen of the 'Black Box' though it didn't seem too interesting  :?

We have been playing games with mixed Gorkamorka and Necromunda rules and I think it's great fun 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 09:29:19 AM »
Have you tried Necromunda: Ashwastes? It was essentially a blend of the rules with the Gorkamorka stuff toned down etc. Very good rules set that was well thought out.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 10:56:03 AM »
We haven't tried it though we do use a lot of the scenarios from the Ash Wastes. The downside of the Ash Waste rules IMHO was that the vehicle movement was too predictable (whereas in Gorkamorka it's much more erratic) and I also don't like the focus on the 40k universe much (mostly in the weapons but also in the vehicles).

However, I have considered trying it out someday to see how it plays compared to our own hybrid, and maybe the SF feel is a nice change (that is, if the rest of the group wants to play as well). For now though we'll stick to our High Octane (our hybrid) campaign and smooth out our rules 8)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 12:08:45 PM »

I had completely forgotten about the Ash Wastes rules.  I am pretty sure that I read them some time ago but I cant remember where.  Was it in a Citadel Journal maybe?

Do you guys have the issue number if that was where it came from?

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 12:41:14 PM »
It's been released in two versions to go with the two versions of Necromunda. The first was in the citadel journal, the second in Fanatic Magazine and the website. I believe I have a digital copy of everything but I'd have to check.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 12:57:50 PM »
It's been released in two versions to go with the two versions of Necromunda. The first was in the citadel journal, the second in Fanatic Magazine and the website. I believe I have a digital copy of everything but I'd have to check.

That is exactly the info that I needed.  Thanks!

I have all of the issues of Fanatic magazine so I should be able to find it this evening.  I think that I have all of the old Journals too so I should be doubly fine in that case.

Thanks again.

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 11:25:15 PM »
Ive got the new rules just about finished, they are off to the printers next week. I will post some publicity stuff up when I release it.

Hey, I just read the news. I'm excited, but I'll let you make the proper announcement post.  :)

The usual laments concerning my wallet go here.

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 04:27:50 AM »

I had completely forgotten about the Ash Wastes rules.  I am pretty sure that I read them some time ago but I cant remember where.  Was it in a Citadel Journal maybe?

Do you guys have the issue number if that was where it came from?

the vehicles rules are updated in several issues of necromunda magazine as well. They have bike rules, large trawler rules, vehicle design rules, etc spread out through several issues.
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net