Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:08:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Grr! It's happening again!  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Grr! It's happening again!
« on: December 21, 2009, 01:47:57 PM »
Okay, so in 2008, frustrated at the lack of suitable figures for my Gallipoli project I decided to convert my own...

And then literally days later, Gripping Beast announce their whole Woodbine Designs thing...

Now more recently I wanted some 1830s Royal Marines, without backpacks or too much kit, so as to represent part of a landing party from a ship...

And now I find the Perrys have only gone and done exactly the same thing!

I do wish they would do this before I do my conversions, and save me some work and bloody money. I have a few conversions in the pipeline that I'm planning, but now I seem to have developed this power I am a little uncertain about doing so. They are bound to come out for sale the very next day.

If this is a real super-power perhaps I should use it for the good of mankind. Anything you really wish was made? If I do a conversion of it someone will surely oblige you!

:)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
Re: Grr! It's happening again!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 01:59:46 PM »
But if you do not do the conversions you have planned they will never be released by any manufacturer ;)

I could post a VERY long list of things for you to use your new found super power on but I shall resist.

Conversions are always that little more special and personal anyway. And you get to say "I did that first"  :)
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 02:00:08 PM »

Well, if that's a  real super-power, would you please convert some late WWI French... Some cavalry would be nice.  lol
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »
You're ahead of your time, that's what it is. Did Leonardo think "Grrr! All I had to do was wait 500 years and Sikorsky would do all the work!"? Probably not I say.

I must admit, I had a similar thing going on with TV programmes. Every time me and my mates talked about "wouldn't it be good if..." the programme would duly appear. As far as superpowers go though, it's not a bad one. Personally I'm always on the look-out for sci-fi civilians (civilians for most periods actually) and generally more women (that don't necessarily wear chainmail bikinis). Any of those in the pipeline, oh Slightlyaheadofthegameman?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 02:09:41 PM »
Plynkes, how about some Turkana's conversions? :)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 02:16:35 PM »
Funny you should say that. I already did one years ago (but it isn't very good). Didn't work, so it must have been before I was bitten by a radioactive Perry Twin and given the power.  :)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 02:18:28 PM »
I'd say it's time to try it again  :)

Offline coggon

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »
Plynikes,

If you truly do have super-powers, can I be the first to apply to the trusty side-kick? :D
"MY enthusiasm greatly exceeds my talent"-Me

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »
Sidekicks are a bit of a pain in the arse, they are always getting captured and needing to be rescued and such. Besides, look how people talk about Bruce and his "young ward", Dick.

Instead I propose we find a third and possibly fourth person and form a super-team. There will be less malicious gossip that way. :)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 10:54:05 AM »
I say a chap should take this as a prodigious form of flattery to one's well tuned densibilities to what the very thing to be thing to be doing next. The devil may be wearing Prada but Old Nick is a dab hand with side cutters and green stuff.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 03:48:00 AM »
Personally I'm always on the look-out for sci-fi civilians and generally more women (that don't necessarily wear chainmail bikinis).

Errgghh, I know. And proper cosmonauts too.
Everything is better with lizardmen.