Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A recent game  (Read 1952 times)

Offline alone_withmyaxe

• Scientist
  • Cthulhu Hunter
    • My Minotaur army is only getting larger
A recent game
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:18:13 PM »
Just wanted to tell you about a recent game I reffed and if any one else had run something similar.

The basic premise was that the characters were being held at a research facility, which is where they awake, with no memory of how they got there or where there is...

The twist was that they were non-humans. I had taken as my inspiration at the mountains of madness and put the PCs in the elder things position. The plan was for them to not realise that they were non-humans. So descriptions of things around them were typically vague, You awake on a large metallic table surrounded by strange instruments, that sort of thing.

The plan lasted about 3 minutes!

The group realised that they were 'alien' pretty quickly, but that allowed for the Non PCs to be scared and attack them and the PCs to problem solve in an environment which was totally alien, quite a lot of the game was spent trying to communicate between the species, although there was some violence involved at various points! I had allowed the PCs to be quick and tough as they would have to face firearms at certain points.

I have to say I did enjoy the game as it was markedly different from usual Cthulhu we play and the players agreed.

I would love to know if anyone else has done a similar thing and how it went.
Saving the last bullet... just in case.

See my wonderful BLOG of stuff!

Online YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: A recent game
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »
I believe there is a savage worlds adventure called “they came from space!” or something similar, it fits the cliché movies of that sort of name, women faint, men run away or attack etz.
The main point, the characters are the aliens, ray guns and all, they just want to get what they need to repair their crashed space ship, but scared humans do stupid things.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)