Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:56:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Who makes figures for mounted buffalo soldiers?  (Read 5058 times)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
Who makes figures for mounted buffalo soldiers?
« on: January 09, 2010, 01:00:29 AM »
Like it says in the subject title ... who makes 25/28mm figures for mounted buffalo soldiers?

EDIT - Just to clarify, I want figures that would work for late 1880s or 1890s rather than the the earlier Indian Wars of the 1860s/1870s.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:41:25 AM by Bullshott »
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Who makes figures for mounted buffalo soldiers?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 01:03:01 AM »
I know Dixon do, dont think Artizan got round to mounting them but worth checking

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:27:16 AM »
Karl is spot on, Dixon, I believe Artizan do as well. Have you looked at the OG Spanish/American wars range they may have some and what about Tiger Miniatures do they have any?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
Thanks guys. Just to clarify, I want figures that would work for late 1880s or 1890s rather than the the earlier Indian Wars of the 1860s/1870s.

I would have gone for OG Spanish-American War, but they only do dismounted troopers. Same for Artizan.

That just leaves Dixon. Any thoughts on these regarding the uniforms. Also how well would they work alongside Redoubt Boxer Rebellion US marines and the OG Spanish-American War range?

@ Malamute - I assume from the above that you can guess what I wan to use these for  ;)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:50:53 AM »
Thanks guys. Just to clarify, I want figures that would work for late 1880s or 1890s rather than the the earlier Indian Wars of the 1860s/1870s.

I would have gone for OG Spanish-American War, but they only do dismounted troopers. Same for Artizan.

That just leaves Dixon. Any thoughts on these regarding the uniforms. Also how well would they work alongside Redoubt Boxer Rebellion US marines and the OG Spanish-American War range?

@ Malamute - I assume from the above that you can guess what I wan to use these for  ;)

Dave, I know exactly what you want them for ;) :D

Dixon will be 1870's Plains war style and probably not really what you want.
 I suggest buying the Perry Negro ACW heads and swapping them onto some OG Spanish- American wars cavalry.

Or, just thought try the OG Pershing/Pancho Villa range. Whilst the figures are 1910+ they will work for VSF cavalry, they may also have some buffalo soldiers?

Just checked OG on the Panacho Villa range:
http://www.oldgloryuk.com/disp_items.php?m=23&s=84

Both dismounted and mounted 9th and 10th Negro cavalry.  :)

They will be wearing the later uniform with Montana hat, but I think you could paint them up in clasic cavalry blues ala 1880s?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:58:21 AM by Malamute »

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »
Have you thought about Tiger miniatures Spanish/American war range? They do both mounted and dismounted 9th/10th cavalry figures.   :)

I take it back, it doesn't appear they do mounted Buffalo soldiers. Just ignore me.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:10:08 PM by Ray Earle »
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »
Have you thought about Tiger miniatures Spanish/American war range? They do both mounted and dismounted 9th/10th cavalry figures.   :)

I take it back, it doesn't appear they do mounted Buffalo soldiers. Just ignore me.  ::)

I'm also trying to avoid using too may Tiger figures, as they are a bulkier and less detailed style and for the most part don't look so good alongside other ranges. However, I am using a few Tiger figures to fill in gaps in my US Marines (e.g. marine landing gun, beach landing party and some figures to bulk-out my officer corps).

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:48:07 AM »
I'm also trying to avoid using too may Tiger figures, as they are a bulkier and less detailed style and for the most part don't look so good alongside other ranges. However, I am using a few Tiger figures to fill in gaps in my US Marines (e.g. marine landing gun, beach landing party and some figures to bulk-out my officer corps).

If the worst comes to the worst, you could take some Artizan dismounted 9th Cav, some mounted white troopers and swap their heads over. Of course you would then have some spare dismounted white troopers, but I'm sure if you do a half-decent job on them you could find a buyer.

After all, I can manage head swaps and I'm not a very competent modeller  :D

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 02:15:07 PM »
This guy will know, he knows Buffalo Soldiers:

Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 09:32:32 AM »
So he is actually Bob's son, or have I got that horribly wrong?  :o

That raises the intriguing possibility of seeing Marley Jr playing Huggy Bear Jr one day in the NFL  :D

Great soundtrack, by the way - one of Rammstein's finest  ;D

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 02:27:11 PM »
Yes, Bob's son, and executor of the Marley music Dynasty now.

:)

He was a killer in high school, didn't like bullies, and was in famous for giving the "what for" to gang bangers who messed with people.
Kind of a protector of the victimized, which is a nice thing.

(His dad was known to kick butt when it was required as well)

Back on topic, he has a new "Buffalo Soldiers" release, on his children's album.

Antonio Vargas has a son who plays football?