Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 05:27:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696559
  • Total Topics: 118773
  • Online Today: 579
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Planes  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
Pulp Planes
« on: January 17, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
My new volunteer status with an emergency/disaster relief aviation company has given me opportunities to get some up close and personal pics of various planes that might interest the pulp crowd.

Sorry, no Tri-motors  :-[, but several WWII vintage C-47's, a "Short Southernland,  ?" British pre war flying boat, a Bloom and Voss WWII era flying boat (German, and way cool, though it has some sort of "Palm Beach" style paint job of mauve, light azale and olive green), several wrecked (badly) flying boats, all of 1920-30's vintage, it looks), and they say a Catalina comes in frequently, but it is painted bright red.   >:(

If you need close ups of these and others (no fighters or bombers, mostly cargo/passeneger planes) let me know.  Cool pics today, of a C-47 without the engiones or tail.  (good reference if you are making a model that is wrecked with an engine torn off?)

Anyhoo, let me know.

Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

former user

Re: Pulp Planes
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 09:49:46 PM »
go ahead
let us see some planes

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:04:19 PM »
Love those flying boats!

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 12:17:10 AM »
I love them too!

Otay, I am back at the hanger in the morning, will get up close and take pics of them (there is a flying boat airline or something right next door.  They have four flying ones (that old British and German plane included), and three wrecked ones)

Brian, you ever build that V-2?  how'd it come out?

BTW, I lost your number.  Please PM it to me, as you were always on my "Fun calls to make list"   ;)

Heres my only saved c-47 pic, now:

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc152/gocanesba/?action=view&current=dc-31.jpg
I have some close ups of one engine removed, the radar under the nose (probably not interesting to pulp guys), a wing off, the tail off (very cool) and Smokey in the cockpit, flashing the "U" out the window.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:45:20 AM by Smokeyrone »

former user

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:22:42 AM »
this is an archive picture I could have saved from the internet....

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 05:24:40 PM »
this is an archive picture I could have saved from the internet....
off the MFI site where smokey says he works with.What is with all of the satic?
keep up the great work smokey.

john
U.S.M.C.

former user

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 05:26:30 PM »
off the MFI site where smokey says he works with.
how am I supposed to know that?

former user

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 06:00:18 PM »
several WWII vintage C-47's, a "Short Southernland,  ?" British pre war flying boat, a Bloom and Voss WWII era flying boat (German, and way cool, though it has some sort of "Palm Beach" style paint job of mauve, light azale and olive green), several wrecked (badly) flying boats, all of 1920-30's vintage, it looks), and they say a Catalina comes in frequently, but it is painted bright red.   >:(

I have some close ups of one engine removed, the radar under the nose (probably not interesting to pulp guys), a wing off, the tail off (very cool) and Smokey in the cockpit, flashing the "U" out the window.
If you need close ups of these and others  let me know.  Cool pics today, of a C-47 without the engiones or tail. 
Anyhoo, let me know.

sorry, I just wanted to see the pictures...

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »
no worries, B. 

And thanks, Bezzo    ;)

Yes that's an archived photo.  It's from their ("our") website.

It has a history and pic of our planes ('cept of course the Saabs, as they are on loan )

I am heading back right now.  Will get plenty of up close of the flying boats, and put my  C-47 pics on photbucket with them. (my daughter knows how to download pics straight to the puter, I don't, so she does my hi tech work, less someone wants to tell me how to download photos frm a camera phone ?)

If I see the Catalina, I'll be all over it with pics for y'all.  (How cool are they?)  I remember them being somewhat common in West Palm Beach and the keys as a child.  Former Coast Guard and fire department S&R surplus, that civilians enjoyed flying to the bahamas in.

former user

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 06:51:30 PM »
either You have a cable or wireless option
wireless wotks almost automatically, You just have to open the channel and search for receivers
with a cable-just plug it in, provided there is the correct software installed on the puter (which is usually packed with the mobilephone)

it is easier than dismantling a gun  ;)

Offline Greek_Geek

• Schoolboy
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 08:33:02 PM »
The following planes are also immensely pulp:

Do-335
Ho-229 Flying Wing
Boeing P-12 Peashooter
BV-141

Any modeling review site (Modeling Madness or Hyperscale come readily to mind; I tend to find the folks at Modeling Madness a lot friendlier) as well as Wing Palette will give you tons of cool planes, kits, reviews and interesting camouflage options.

Dimitri
Member of the Few, the Proud, the 20mm crowd...

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 09:07:12 PM »
I think the British plane you're refering to is the 'short Sunderland'.  :)
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 09:32:38 PM »
Sorry former user I didnt mean to be rash I just google the tail number and it well take you to the most current place and bingo.And smokey I thought I saw you in a couple of the pics.

former user

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 09:55:38 PM »
no prob

is it this flyboy blog?

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 11:35:47 PM »
sorry former user its not as easy as field striping a firearm I tired and couldnt do it blind folded. :Dwhinch is the way I do alot of stuff. o_o