Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:59:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Spanish Civil War Queries Tips & Resources  (Read 102294 times)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Re: Spanish Civil War Queries Tips & Resources
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »
For the CTV, they might share some organisational form with the troops in Abyssinia. No support lists or national characteristics, though.

The organisations should actually be the same, or at least very similar, to the regular units sent to Abyssinia.

I did not want to rush things, I just figured out I couldn't do it on my own. Maybe I should get the appropriate supplements for T&T or DH and tweek them a bit.

No! Rush away! The biggest incentive for anyone working on a project, is knowing that there are people interested and wanting it.

:)

One of the biggest problems with existing SCW organisations across various rule sets and indeed some books on the subject, is that they bear little relation to the 'real' organisations... or even the official TO&Es, and are often 'best guesses' based on faulty research. I'm not pointing the finger at T&T or DH here btw, but just making a general point.

Unfortunately checking and cross-checking, passing them round people to get their opinions, feedback and other input, takes time. In any of the CoC WW2 'Army Lists' turned out to date, the two or three pages they consist of represent a lot of work by whoever has done them... the SCW ones even more so, due to the relative scarcity of material, even in Spanish.

I can assure you though, that the CTV are fairly high on the 'to-do' list. There may even be people already out there working on them for all I know.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:55:35 PM by Arlequín »

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 12:19:17 AM »
Does anyone have suggestions for where I can find good images, or can you share images, of Moroccan Mehalla suitable for SCW and/or early WWII?

Thank in advance.
BillK

former user

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »
I would also like to ask:

several of the linked sources mention khaki berets, not only with the requetes but also militias/army - is this a mistake and therefore pure choice that wargamers prefer the red berets for the Carlists?

and even more special: in a few of international brigade packs from Empress a kind oh kepi is worn - is this meant to represent the old Ros cap? or what else?
and finally - is there a link where one can see the 28mm miniatures from force of arms that someone has hopefully bought and will re-release?

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2014, 09:24:15 PM »
The 'Kepi' is actually a balaclava-type woollen hood with a peak - the Pasamontaña. it looks like a Kepi because the sides fold up over the peak.

Berets came in all colours, black and dark blue being perhaps the most common, but the 'uniform' one of the Carlists was red, as was the case after the Requetés and Falange were amalgamated to form the FETy de las JONS. Red is the colour most commonly used in propaganda art, but obviously it is difficult to determine from photos how common they were in reality.

former user

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2014, 09:35:01 PM »
mil gracias

Offline clyde85

• Assistant
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2014, 01:32:52 AM »
Is there a website or a thread in the forum that has the rules for fielding a force from the SCW using Bolt Action rules and scale?

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2014, 06:36:43 AM »
I had some lists up for the early part of 1936, but I'm currently re-writing them... I say currently, but they are way down a long list of other stuff I'm working on.

One of the guys on the Warlord Forum did some - http://www.warlordgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15451 (or with a slightly better discussion here - http://forum.wwpd.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12909).
Somebody else did some here - http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/bolt-action-spanish-civil-war-lists.html

I don't vouch for accuracy nor anything else, but if you want a 'pick up and play' set of SCW lists for Bolt Action, they will do the trick I'm sure.

:)

Offline Londoncopper

• Scientist
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2015, 07:04:36 PM »
I have seen a poster of a Republican militia woman in a dark blue gorillo with white piping and tassel, anyone have any idea if this was an actual item or just artistic license?

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2015, 07:33:51 PM »
The Assault Guards's gorillo was dark blue with white piping and tassle, so possibly yes it is genuine.

Offline Londoncopper

• Scientist
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2015, 08:09:35 PM »
Many thanks.

Offline Moriarty

• Scientist
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2021, 01:52:00 PM »
Very useful thread, thanks! My next  ‘project’ is SCW using ‘Que!’ from Irregular Miniatures. Already have the ‘hardware’ in the form of 1/72 Airfix (et al) infantry, artillery, cavalry, bicycles, tanks and aircraft (1/144). Obviously not 100% accurate, but ‘near enough’ for game purposes :-)

Anyone have suggestions for terrain pieces? I have a map of a generic table-top set up, courtesy of Steven’s Balagan site, and was going with Mediterranean feel pieces. Happy to adjust my sights if I can be pointed in the right direction. For instance, are there  any suppliers of terrain specifically for Spain?

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2021, 02:14:16 PM »
From my last game and inspired by the OP
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"