Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:45:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Royal British Legion fund raising  (Read 3417 times)

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
Royal British Legion fund raising
« on: January 29, 2010, 01:19:03 PM »
 I will be running small Ambush Alley paticipation games and a tournament with the intention of raising money through donations for the Royal British Legions Poppy Appeal 2010.
The first event will take place in the Wargames Emporium in Sheffield on the 10th of Feb and a second at the same venue probably on the 13th. I will post up all further news and details and hopefully how much we are raising at regular intervals .
The games will involve modern British patrols in Afghanistan, and world war two.
I would just like to say thanks to Ambush Alley
 ( http://www.ambushalleygames.com/)          and the Wargames Emporium(http://www.wargamesemporium.co.uk/ ) for their help.

Richard 

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Royal British Legion fund raising
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 11:24:34 PM »
Richard as in Richard & Stella ?

Post more details (including an address for the Emporium), we'll put them on our club noticeboard.

Gary
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:24:08 AM »
No dont know stella ? The Emporium is in the upper craft workshop area of Orchard Square Shopping Center which is in Sheffield city center between the Town Hall and Cathedral.
http://www.wargamesemporium.co.uk/

Wargames Emporium  Ltd: Registered office, Orchard Square,  Sheffield,  S1 2FB, ,Vat number 790369792

The first participation games will use the Basic scenarios from ambush alley main rule book .the games will run from 11.30am till 2.pm the exact times for saturday will be confirmed in the next few days but will run all day.I will post updates here and on Ambush Alley Forum  http://www.ambushalleygames.com/forum/index.php

Thanks for the interest.

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »
If any one is interesred in making a donation to support our service men and women but cannot attend the events , on line donations can be made here:   

www.bmycharity.com/RHminievents

Thanks.

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »
Our first day of gaming to help the Royal British Legion was today and weather considered was fairly succesful ,but we have also had the sad news of another British service man being killed in Afghanistan,the forth one in less than a week brings home how important this charity is.Please support us to find out more or to donate please go to www.bmycharity.com/RHminievents

The next event will be at The Wargames Emporium Sheffield Saturday 13th feb 11am-3m

Thank you

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »
Raising funds for our ex and serving service men doesnt seem to be raising any interest here so just to let you know yesterday we had a fairly successful day raising funds and a couple of guys from other forums turned up and everyone had a good day .

If any one is interested in helping I will keep posting dates and the tournament info on other sites and on www.bmycharity.com/RHminievents

thanks  :(

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 10:55:48 AM »
I dont think you can assume that no response here means that other LAFers have little or no interest in raising money for the Royal British Legion or any other charity, service related or not.  If I lived closer to Sheffield I may well have attended, particularly as I am just starting to play Ambush Alley.

As an ex-serviceman myself I have always supported the RBL and others.  My local Club runs a charity raffle at our annual show, OVERLORD.  Last year we supported www.helpforheroes.org.uk , this year it will be www.combatstress.org.uk

Not posting a reply or being unable to attend does not mean individuals do not care or support any such endeavour.
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 11:12:39 AM »
True, but so far Ive had a good response from other forums but  really fantastic support and response from non wargaming forums I did have a laffer come into the shop where I was holding the event and said I would get a better response if I had chosen a better cause ? and didnt make a donation just seemed to have travelled 15miles to say that  and complain my terrian easnt spot on.
 I am unemployed at the moment and have struggled to get things together figure and  terrain wise( and thank the wargamer that stole some of my kit at a display) but have had good support from Ambush Alley games and wargames emporium and really nice support from a lot of Afghans who thank our troops for what they are doing in thier country .
I'm sure you can see my point , no message of support but a message criticising my decision not to post on this subject on this forum . Thanks for the response though shows people are reading.  .