Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:02:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Call of Cthulhu 7th edition miniatures fund raising to begin!  (Read 13327 times)

Offline Servitor of RAFM

• Librarian
    • RAFM Miniatures and Games
RAFM CALL OF CTHULHU 7th EDITION MINIATURES FUND RAISING TO
BEGIN!
Brantford, ON – July 9, 2013 – Silver Fox Productions Inc. will launch their new
fundraising program for RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition miniatures at this link
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/call-of-cthulhu-miniatures/x/582666. The program
will start on Thursday, July 11 and run until August 9, 2013.
RAFM Call of Cthulhu Miniatures line provides gamers with pieces to bring life to
Chaosium’s classic roleplaying game of Lovecraftian horror, in which ordinary people
are confronted by the terrifying and alien forces of the Cthulhu Mythos. Rafm Call of
Cthulhu miniatures are hand sculpted white metal miniatures which can be painted or
used to represent characters and monsters during game play. This bestselling line has won
many game-industry awards and supports the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Chaosium
Kickstarter.
This fund raising project aims to build a new edition of this classic horror miniature line
and replace up to 85 miniatures in one project. Could you please pass this information
along to your subscribers?
RAFM Company Inc, began producing rules and then miniatures for the gaming industry
in 1979. RAFM Call of Cthulhu miniatures has probably been our most successful line.
Envisioned and sculpted by Bob Murch for the Call of Cthulhu RPG by Chaosium Inc.
the figures have transcended the industry and been reissued by many companies. None
compare with the lasting tradition of the line. All miniatures are produced for
Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu Role-playing Game and continue to be an official licensed
product for the Call of Cthulhu Role-playing Game TM Seventh Edition.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:44:17 PM by Prof.Witchheimer »
Silver Fox Productions Inc.
RAFM Miniatures

RAFM's Forums

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: Call of Cthulhu 7th edition miniatures fund raising to begin!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
That's great news for sure, your range is still the best Cthulhu based one for me.

Who will be sculpting the new edition? Bob Murch again? Hopefully.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 04:08:48 PM »
What about Scaling, the older ranges Humans are kinda small by todays Industry Standard.

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Voogla

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 07:43:47 AM »
First Monster Minion!
Man kann einen flamer nicht auf overwatch setzen!
leadadventureforum.com/gallery/16/1338_04_02_14_4_41_04_1.jpg

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 08:43:00 AM »
Regarding the "invoicing at the manufacture cost" issue specifically, please note that for it to be of use there needs to be both a hard copy of the manufacture cost invoice and an electronic copy of the same in order to satisfy your typical European customs office.

Having a European retailer handling the shipping from this end would be preferable to such antics of course but maybe one cannot be arranged.

Offline redshadows

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 01:29:49 PM »
RAFM CALL OF CTHULHU 7th EDITION MINIATURES FUND RAISING TO
BEGIN!
Brantford, ON – July 9, 2013 – Silver Fox Productions Inc. will launch their new
fundraising program for RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition miniatures at this link
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/call-of-cthulhu-miniatures/x/582666. The program
will start on Thursday, July 11 and run until August 9, 2013.
RAFM Call of Cthulhu Miniatures line provides gamers with pieces to bring life to
Chaosium’s classic roleplaying game of Lovecraftian horror, in which ordinary people
are confronted by the terrifying and alien forces of the Cthulhu Mythos. Rafm Call of
Cthulhu miniatures are hand sculpted white metal miniatures which can be painted or
used to represent characters and monsters during game play. This bestselling line has won
many game-industry awards and supports the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Chaosium
Kickstarter.
This fund raising project aims to build a new edition of this classic horror miniature line
and replace up to 85 miniatures in one project. Could you please pass this information
along to your subscribers?
RAFM Company Inc, began producing rules and then miniatures for the gaming industry
in 1979. RAFM Call of Cthulhu miniatures has probably been our most successful line.
Envisioned and sculpted by Bob Murch for the Call of Cthulhu RPG by Chaosium Inc.
the figures have transcended the industry and been reissued by many companies. None
compare with the lasting tradition of the line. All miniatures are produced for
Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu Role-playing Game and continue to be an official licensed
product for the Call of Cthulhu Role-playing Game TM Seventh Edition.

Are you looking for sculptors?   ;)
Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 03:31:01 PM »
I was tenth contributor, for $100, taking the total to $850. 

This will turn out to be an excellent buy if lots of other people have faith and buy in. 
"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
While I do like alot of the RAFM Cthulhu range, I'm pretty hesitant to pre-fund something without knowing what the sculpt quality is going to be.

Also, I agree with the scaling issue.  Will the humans be scaled to some of the more modern RAFM line?

Offline Servitor of RAFM

• Librarian
    • RAFM Miniatures and Games
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »
Scale will be 28mm with some variance as usual depending on the sculptors. We have started an information forum to go along with the campaign at http://rafm.com/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=20 to answer questions. You have to have an account to post but reading is free.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 10:51:21 PM »
Does Indiegogo charge the card when you pledge or later like how Kickstarter? I just want to know before I pledge because I use a debit card...wife and I don't have Credit Cards.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 02:10:05 AM »
It charges you when you pledge, if the funding fails you get your money back

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 06:28:32 AM »
I don't think that right since it's a flexible funding campaign -- there is no "failure" as such and hence no refunding either:
http://support.indiegogo.com/entries/20566503-Fixed-vs-Flexible-Funding

ETA: also, on the perks limits -- if all of them get taken, the total funding goes up to $158.500 I believe. That leaves $41.500 to be funded without perks for the last stretch goal at $200.000 to be met. Which is... interesting

ETA-2: forget about that last bit, it's already been explained (sort of anyway) in the updates section:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/call-of-cthulhu-miniatures?c=activity
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:07:53 AM by tnjrp »

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 09:16:03 AM »
Though I'd like more details about the whole thing, I felt compelled to contribute out of sheer nostalgia.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 10:47:02 AM »
It charges you when you pledge, if the funding fails you get your money back

NO.......

You get charged immediately and DO NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK if the flexible funding project does not reach its goal.  Getting a refund/re-imbursement out of Indigogo is extremely difficult.

Indigogo does have the option for "fixed" funding where you get your money back from failed projects but RAFM do not set theirs up that way.

The project owner still has to pay the IGG fee even if the project fails (currently 9%) so that either has to come from his own pocket or out of any money pledged, if it has gone on paying the fees for a failed project how do you get your money back? Don't forget these schemes are not sales and are not covered by buyers protection.

Flexible campaigns are a very risky investment....read all the FAQ's before putting any money into these types of project.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 02:17:46 PM »
I may pledge, I really like the line and if it hits the goals that would be a sweet deal. I woul dnot be able to pledge until 2 weeks for the next payday.