Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Original Star Trek Officers and Redshirts  (Read 9031 times)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Re: Original Star Trek Officers and Redshirts
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »
Earther, I wonder if you are thinking of the Citadel ST range produced at the time of the Slow Motion Picture - all pastel pyjamas and those rather worrying security guards in the American Football outfits.
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 08:46:45 PM »
Nope. The Grenadier Traveller line included some sculpts that were originally intended as ST crew types, but the project fell through. Even their pistols looked like phasers.

They were boxed with some more Star Wars styled 80s sci-fi generic adventuring types. Used to own the complete set - Adventurers, Imperial Marines, Alien Mercenaries and Alien Animals. Stupidly sold them all on ebay and I've been kicking myself ever since…

I quite liked the Citadel ST:TMP figures. Saw them painted up in non-ST schemes for a Cthulhu-in-space sci-fi game in an old issue of White Dwarf (back when it was good…). There were Space:1999 Eagle models for the shuttles…

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
Earther, I wonder if you are thinking of the Citadel ST range produced at the time of the Slow Motion Picture - all pastel pyjamas and those rather worrying security guards in the American Football outfits.

I like that era of trek... practical looking uniforms, even the security guards.... TNG had everyone in flat soled pull on boots... there was an DS9 episode which was supposed to be on a frontline planet during the federation/klingon war bit or something... and all the federation troops were dressed the same as ships crew... no wonder the klingons kept winning... and don't get me started on the Bajoran uniforms... they had pixie boots! and I never understood the point of pretending there was some sort of futuristic invisi-zip down the front of the uniform, when there was a very visible one down the back...

you've started me off now...  >:(