Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:57:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Things YOU Would Like To See...  (Read 13690 times)

Offline General Roos

• Mastermind
Re: Things YOU Would Like To See...
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 11:32:14 AM »
a victim blown apart, limbs torn off, drained of blood, part eaten...

Now we´re talking!  :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:34:12 AM by Mattias »
Current projects:
A Fistful of Kung Fu

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 11:52:12 AM »
Ooh ooh ooh! Totally forgot to mention I'd like to see more contests. These things usually bring out the spirit and make me finish stuff before a deadline.  8)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
yup, agree with Mal,

the last contest really got me making themed terrain for our games,

more contests please

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 02:03:48 PM »

Was looking through the rulebook and supplement last night.  Actually, after looking at some of the lurkers more in depth.  I found that in many cases you have already covered a larger and broader area of creatures. 

For instance:
Your Neanderthal Man stats can equate to a Gorilla, white ape or diseased or mad grizzly bear any other huge wild and powerful savage humanoid.

Your Giant Vermin stats can equate to giant spiders, snakes, maybe not a giant alligator but...

Your Swarm can easily equate to a menacing swarm of killer birds (see Reaper's new figure release "A Murder of Crows"), as well as a swarm or bees,

Someone mention other types of armed cultists but I noticed you already have a method for adding special weapons to cultists by just paying for the additional weapon cost.  SO I'm happy there too.

Mike, I am curious what you envisioned as a physical representation of your "Dark Puppeteer" in the demon category.  Is this a "Succumbus"?

Anyway...I just wanted to add, after carefully examining the Lurkers you have done a fine job representing (in one way or another) most everything I have a figure for.  I would like a Jewish Style Stone or Mechanical Golem, maybe some magical automations like killer scarecrows(there are a lot of scarecrow figures out there), maybe some killer dolls or toys (Puppetmaster, Zuni Fetish Dolls,) there are quite a few of these as well and my ghosts.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:37:30 PM by gauntman »
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline BletchleyPark

• Assistant
    • My Painting & Gaming Blog
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 06:00:22 PM »
Right now my biggest concern is more Threshold agents and more mobs of evil.

We were also talking about a wolf-man sculpt to bring into the game....and use for other games too! I could get behind that.

With the exception of vehicle rules, I think practically everything suggested so far sounds pretty keen. Why not vehicles? For me, right now, this game feels more like it centers on the scene of the crime (investigation scene, place of the ritual etc etc), if you will. For me, adding vehicles adds a new section to the main story / action part of each game (as opposed to adding new detail to the that part of the game) .

Just my two cents tho'.
Check out my painting & gaming blog: http://imaginarywars.wordpress.com/

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »
I see a use for vehicles as cover to give the scenario atmosphere, but if you do use for cover guess then you need rules for them being hit by fire or dynamite same can be said for buildings, setting fire to a vehicle at night time would light the area up, plus the exploding fuel tank would act like dynamite.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 06:48:33 PM »
I don't know how I could have forgotten but we don't have stats yet for Dark Young. I just noticed today, they have revived an old sculpt at Mirilton, though I think the RAFM COC mini is superior.  We needs stats for one of these as well since it's a major mythos monster.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 06:52:39 PM by gauntman »

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »
yup,

i've been agitating for dark young( both stats and if possible a SA model of one), one of my favourite cthulhu beasties,

regards

jim

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 08:07:25 AM »
The Grenadier one is way too cute, too small and silly for a Dark Young. Even the RAFM one is quite small for a Dark Young. If you read 'The Dunwich Horror', the beast must be enormous and really a centrepiece on the table. That said, the RAFM DY is more handy and playable in size.

If you want to use the art for Cosmic Horror as inspiration for a model Mike, feel free to do so 8)

Yes, I must still finish the final rules in Adobe Indesign…long, long process…:(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:14:59 AM by Malebolgia »

Offline ZenWired

• Librarian
    • A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 02:34:56 PM »
If you read 'The Dunwich Horror', the beast must be enormous and really a centrepiece on the table.

I may be wrong, but isn't the Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath based on a Robert Bloch story - not The Dunwich Horror. (Also, The Dunwich Horror was the spawn of Yog-Sothoth, not Shub-Niggurath.)

Regardless, it's one of my favorite Lovecraftian beasties and I concur: we could definitely use Dark Young stats for SA.

(Off-off-topic: Malebolgia: Love that cover - any idea when we can expect to see Cosmic Horror for sale?)
My RPG blog: A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
My miniatures gaming blog: A Hard Won Thing

"You fool, Warren is DEAD!"

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 06:37:22 PM »
Incidentally Mal, I like the basic framework of your vehicle rules.  Not sure how well some would work in a game scenario so I think they need some game testing but the ideas look solid...
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »
I may be wrong, but isn't the Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath based on a Robert Bloch story - not The Dunwich Horror. (Also, The Dunwich Horror was the spawn of Yog-Sothoth, not Shub-Niggurath.)

...WOW...you're totally right. I ALWAYS believed it was a Dark Young trampling around. Wow, that changes a lot in my head (-20 Sanity...). Cheers for the input!

(Off-off-topic: Malebolgia: Love that cover - any idea when we can expect to see Cosmic Horror for sale?)

Not really for sale as I don't have the funds at the moment for a printed product. I'm working on the final PDF and will sell it on CD-ROM with all the extras (counters, character sheets, etc.) for $5 to cover the cost of the CD and shipping. Hope to finish it before summer.

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »
We need rules for this one:

Son of Yog-Sothoth

Rules for different "landscapes".
More cuthuluid creatures.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2010, 11:46:30 PM »
I agree with all suggestions and add :

- multi-players rules.

About country specifics rules : just for bacground or adding something to gameplay ?

I^played multiplay (4) tlast week and will post game report soon! Played as doubles pool (ie: a,b,c,d then again with two threshold and two lurker). It worled fine, but I think it needs tuning.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 11:51:36 PM »
Shoggoth
Star Spwan
Spider of Leng

Because I've got the figs!