Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:07:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Artizan 'Pulp' figure quality?  (Read 5648 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: Artizan 'Pulp' figure quality?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 10:19:45 AM »
I've got about a dozen of Artizan's Thrilling Tales figures, four or five three packs purchased over the last year and bit. No issues like the OP and others have mentioned, just the usual minor flash & mold lines common to 90% of castings.

Mine were all from various North American suppliers - Brigade Games and the FLGS one city over, FWIW. Has Artizan/North Star changed something in their casting process in the past year or so, possibly not for the better?

Must say I really like the figures - lots of personality, very different feel to Pulp Figures or Brigade's pulp offerings while still being compatible on the tabletop. The various Ungentlemanly Warfare/Dept. of Paranormal Studies packs are especially good - the fat gentleman with umbrella & valise will be heading up a slightly sinister team of investigators as soon as I come up with a suitably scary character writeup in 45A or one of the other systems we use!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 10:36:41 AM »
Has Artizan/North Star changed something in their casting process in the past year or so, possibly not for the better?

Not that I'm aware of. The two businesses are in the same industrial centre and it takes less than 2 mins to walk from one to the other. Artizan are still doing all the casting etc, North Star are just doing the admin and the shipping. I popped into North Star a few months back to get some Artizan cowboys and they were out of one of the packs. One of the North Star guys popped down to Artizan to see if they'd cast them up yet, they hadn't but were happy to spin the mold a couple of times so I could get my figures. Damned good service as far as I'm concerned!
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 12:19:32 PM »
To echo what everyone else had said, I've had good service, and when I have had a problem they've been very keen to sort it out quickly and efficiently.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »
Why would they send a bad batch?  You think they wold just throw it back in the kettle and not fill orders out with them.  3 out of 10 minis with no weapons?!  I'd get a refund for that and ask how the packer missed that.  Great line of minis and I have not had any issues personally but no excuse for any "bad batch" excuses.

JMO,
Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline ancientsociety

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 06:16:03 PM »
Why would they send a bad batch?  You think they wold just throw it back in the kettle and not fill orders out with them.  3 out of 10 minis with no weapons?!  I'd get a refund for that and ask how the packer missed that.  Great line of minis and I have not had any issues personally but no excuse for any "bad batch" excuses.

JMO,
Brian

My thoughts exactly.....though they will be sending out replacements and my missing Apache Character pack  :o ( I almost missed the fact that it hadn't even been included with all the bad figures!).

Thanks for all your responses, I'll let you know how it goes...

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 09:23:03 PM »
Honestly, my last two orders from Northstar were very poorly cast. Entirely too much flash and some noticeable mold lines/warping. Not the normal standard I've received from them.

-Doc

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 03:08:29 PM »
Yes, the faces seem to be a bit flat.  They have forced me to become more artistic and deliberate in my painting.  Not easy but I'm learning new techniques because I must.

GW faces seem much deeper and easier to paint.

Still, I'm a big fan of Artizan.

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 02:43:25 AM »
 I also am a big fan of Artisan especially the Pulp Line that they offer.  I have never had anyproblems with them.  Any miscasts or damage figures they have gladly replaced.  In fact I am owed a poliemen witha pistol that arrived borken with the last order I placed and will recieve the replacement with mynext order.

Offline ancientsociety

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »
Just wanted to give you all an update...

Finally received the replacement figures today....HOWEVER, the Apache Characters pack I initially ordered and they forgot still has not arrived. I'm asking for a refund at this point since I'm sick and tired of dealing with this and waiting and waiting...

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 05:49:07 PM »
What a bummer. 

Don't give up on these guys.

Sounds like you have had bad luck with them but such bad luck is atypical.

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 08:17:19 PM »
I have just received some Great War Crimean war figures from North Star and the quality of these figures is also not very good. The British command standard bearers are totally spoilt with very heavy mould lines. My order was a bit late and they said they were having mould problems ?  THE CID.
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 08:55:47 PM »
I've got a big batch of Artizan Thrilling Tales figures on order right now. Will report on casting quality when they arrive.

My Artizan order arrived today. Nice sharp castings, but they shipped a month late, and only after I placed a query about shipment status... >:(
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 10:07:19 PM »
I have both Thrilling Tales and WW2 figures from them. They're great looking figures with only a few mold lines, about the same as Reaper, but more than Hasselfree or Heresy. But io got mine before Northstar. Now i can't get them through the war store anymore.  :'(

Rob