Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:17:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My workbench  (Read 360976 times)

Offline bc99

• Mad Scientist
Re: My workbench
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2010, 06:53:29 PM »
Would you happen to be looking for these items and can't find them  ;)  lol

cheers

James

Did my wife pay you? Heh, that little corner of the garage must serve as man-cave, storage, and ... well, okay so I'm not too organized.

Offline Cheeky Monkey

• Librarian
  • no matter where you go,there you are
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2010, 04:11:44 PM »
Can't find the missing link - but that's why he's missing - right? lol
If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress ?
http://miniaturerealities.weebly.com

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »
Can't find the missing link - but that's why he's missing - right? lol

lol  lol  lol

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline SirAlban

• Librarian
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2010, 05:16:28 PM »
my little workbench:

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2010, 05:21:55 PM »

Nice and tidy SirAlban… I must add that despite the odours of paint and glue, I never feel the urge to put on a gasmask while I’m painting ;D
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline SirAlban

• Librarian
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2010, 01:36:46 AM »
The gasmask is a souvenir from my honeymoon in Budapest  lol

Offline dreamspirit

• Assistant
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2010, 04:38:33 PM »
My wife painted me a mushroom... :D

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2010, 07:51:56 AM »
Very original shelving :D

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2010, 08:10:36 AM »
I like the mushroom, I'd ruin it though!

Not enough paints for my liking...  :D

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
I like the shelving......much tidier than my current system!

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »

I love this thread.  I get a slightly perverse kick out of seeing all of these places from all over the world where all of you guys get up to more or less what I do.

Add to that that I have traded figures with some of the people here and I might even see some figures that used to be mine.  Weird.

My contribution:

I paint in the living room, often while watching TV with my wife.   The TV distracts me and slows down my output. On the other hand being able to paint in the room with her helps with my ongoing "marriage" project while still allowing me to to make some progress with post-apoc project, zombie project, pulp sci-fi project etc.

The purple drawers are filled with paints, flock, sand and other related paraphenalia.

The area is deliberately small so that I am forced to tidy it up regularly and because as it lives in a "grown up" part of the house it needs to be kept relatively unobtrusive.

This is view out of the window on the left of the painting area, just to give where I live some context. 

I only paint in the living room.  Figure preparation, terrain building, messy jobs like sanding resin and anything else like it takes place in the dedicated "toy room" downstairs.  Its where all of my dork stuff lives and where boardgames and figure games get played too.

Its quite large room (a little smaller than 6 x 4m ) but its a bit untidy at the moment.  I am currently kitbashing a few models from bits and pieces which always tends to be messy as I search for bits/ispiration.

I try to keep on top of it and to tidy it regularly. Unfortunatley my whimsical and easily distracted nature means that I tend to have an idea and then enthusiastically make a mess on top of an existing mess a bit too frequently.  The toy room is scheduled to get a tidy up tomorrow, but this is how the room regularly looks.

At least I get to leave things that I am working on out.  When I was renting I used to find having to set up and then take down the area each time very demoralising.  Not these days :)

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2010, 02:44:03 PM »
 :-*

Mum! I'm going to play at Cheetor's house!

...And staying for tea.

...Egg and chips....

Awwww, mum!  >:(

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2010, 03:41:53 PM »
:-*

Mum! I'm going to play at Cheetor's house!

Any time JollyBob.  From what I have seen of your contributions around here I am sure that our interests (anthropomorphic monkeys, drunken dilettantes, ancient Egypt) are compatible enough for us to remain civil for an afternoon ;)

...Egg and chips....

Tell your mum that you can have fish-fingers and Smash if you prefer.  AND Angel Delight!

;)

Anyway, moving away from 1980s dinners-in-friends-houses and back on the subject of workbenches...

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:47:06 PM by cheetor »

Offline alone_withmyaxe

• Scientist
  • Cthulhu Hunter
    • My Minotaur army is only getting larger
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2010, 04:12:36 PM »
I paint in the living room, often while watching TV with my wife.   The TV distracts me and slows down my output. On the other hand being able to paint in the room with her helps with my ongoing "marriage" project while still allowing me to to make some progress with post-apoc project, zombie project, pulp sci-fi project etc.

Any paint spillage issues in the living room that may derail the "marriage" project.

I like the ideas as I keep getting... some flack... from disappearing in to the work room/office/toy room/spare room.
Saving the last bullet... just in case.

See my wonderful BLOG of stuff!

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »
Any paint spillage issues in the living room that may derail the "marriage" project.

The living room has a wooden floor so that can be wiped clean if I manage to fling paint on it.  So no problems there as yet.  The chair that I paint in is dedicated to purpose.  As a result if I manage to get a significant amount of paint on it then thats not the end of the world either.

I like the ideas as I keep getting... some flack... from disappearing in to the work room/office/toy room/spare room.

Its what I have done since we moved in together, a long time ago.  It definitely has had an adverse effect on the number of figures that I get painted.  In balance it has helped with harmonious co-habitation overall for us I think.