Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:05:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Intro - aka another new geek :)  (Read 1690 times)

Offline salun

• Student
Intro - aka another new geek :)
« on: June 17, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »
Right - where to start?

I've been playing wargames for a good 10 years or some such, and role-playing games ~15 years.
Add to that ccg's, board- and card games, and tons of comic books, and I would call myself an all-round geek :D

But given that people here are probably mostly interested in my workings in miniature-games, I might as well write a bit on that account...
Currently I play Warmachine (Cygnar, Khador, Highborn Covenant mercs), but I'm also looking at rules for loads of other games - got the AT-43 and Confrontation 4th. ed. boxes, and are quite intrigued by AT-43's Karmans. Trying to get around to the Confrontation 3rd. ed. rules (love Rackhams metal minis), and have been looking at Mindstalkers as well - also got the starterbox for that.
And then I'm trying to get around to running a Mordheim campaign in my local gaming club.
Other than that, I've got loads of different miniatures in the drawers - a lot of Mithril stuff, and quite a few Reaper minis as well. And just about anything else that have caught my interest :)

My greatest problem with all these minis have to be, that I can't get around to painting them, and when I do start, I just can't take easy solutions (speedpainting, dipping and the like), so yeah - I hate painting units...
On the other hand, I love the whole process of cleaning the minis, and fitting them together, and have recently gotten a bit bolder in regards of converting minis as well, which have lead to my offering to make the characters for the D&D 4th. ed. group I play in. Great fun to play, and going to get even better when I'm finally done :)

Anything else You people feel a need to know? Just ask.

Oh yeah - and I'm firmly placed in Denmark, in Odense (you know - where H.C. Andersen is from).
Regards
Salun / Stefan Lundsby

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Intro - aka another new geek :)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »

Welcome to LAF 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 03:19:42 PM »
Yeah welcome. It's rare we see a new Dane here.

The danger of this place is that there are a LOT of different things going on.. try not to get infected.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline salun

• Student
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 06:30:27 AM »
@Calimero - Thankies :)

Yeah welcome. It's rare we see a new Dane here.

The danger of this place is that there are a LOT of different things going on.. try not to get infected.
Right... 'cause you, and others, haven't been making decent attempts at that on the Danish forums ;)