Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:00:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690598
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New (Free) Judge Dredd game  (Read 10426 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: New (Free) Judge Dredd game
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 05:08:37 PM »
Have read the rules. Like what I read. D10, a lot of mechanics similar to Strange Aeons and other games I like. Almost infinite freedom as how to play the game...

Have I mentioned that I own an almost complete collection of Mongoose's GOMC1 minis?
:D  ;D  8)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:09 PM »
Have read the rules. Like what I read. D10, a lot of mechanics similar to Strange Aeons and other games I like. Almost infinite freedom as how to play the game...

Have I mentioned that I own an almost complete collection of Mongoose's GOMC1 minis?
:D  ;D  8)

No  >:(       lol lol

How many minis do you think you would need for a decent 2 hour game?

I haven't read it yet, but I presume it is a "true" skirmish game, with maybe 10 or so minis needed in total.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »
Since i got a bonus at work today i treated myself to a Judge force, went through Foundry all nice, until I hit paypal and suddenlt £8 P&P is included...WTF?????

Still bought them...but seriously what was I buying? A fecking tank?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44:58 AM »
Since i got a bonus at work today i treated myself to a Judge force, went through Foundry all nice, until I hit paypal and suddenlt £8 P&P is included...WTF?????

Still bought them...but seriously what was I buying? A fecking tank?
LOL, that was also the moment for me to rethink my order...
I was stronger than you - I resisted! 8) ;)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 02:35:01 PM »
No  >:(       lol lol

How many minis do you think you would need for a decent 2 hour game?

I haven't read it yet, but I presume it is a "true" skirmish game, with maybe 10 or so minis needed in total.

The rules seem to suggest endless possibilities for doing your force - from just a single Judge against a handful of perps to full fledge battles between blocks or against an alien invasion.

I'd guess that you could kill an hour with the smallest games (and plenty of terrain) - for two hours, maybe 2 medium gangs of 5-15 (depending of the composition)...

I now have to find a blister with Street Judges, and maybe my Lawmaker, so I can get them ready for a game...  ;D

Why does this have to happen during the World Cup??

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 08:43:47 PM »
The rules seem to suggest endless possibilities for doing your force - from just a single Judge against a handful of perps to full fledge battles between blocks or against an alien invasion.

I'd guess that you could kill an hour with the smallest games (and plenty of terrain) - for two hours, maybe 2 medium gangs of 5-15 (depending of the composition)...

Sounds good!

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 08:47:37 PM »
I've a load of the GMC1 stuff as well... loads of Kleggs - foundry, mongoose and citadel...  :D

the mongoose Ape Gang is a great set of minis though, everyone should have one whether the game Dredd or not....

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 09:09:51 PM »
the mongoose Ape Gang is a great set of minis though, everyone should have one whether the game Dredd or not....

I have both a version I bought painted - AND an unbroken boxed set  :D

They are HILARIOUS. And useful for SO many purposes!!!

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »
LOL, that was also the moment for me to rethink my order...
I was stronger than you - I resisted! 8) ;)

But they are so shiny...Now looking at old Citadel Judges on evilbay, loads on there, lots of bust Lawgivers (is that what the gun is called?) though.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 10:22:05 PM »
Lawgiver - gun
Lawmaster - bike
Lawrod - rifle
Arbiter - shotgun

can't think of anymore off the top of my head... the proto Lawmaster was called a Law something

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 09:47:04 AM »

Agreed.  The Ape Mobster that isnt supplied in the box is even better.  I picked one up last year but I am still glad that that figure has gone back on release: its fantastic.

Not all of the Mongoose Dredd figures were great but I am very pleased to see that they are back on release again.  I will be able to pick up some of the ones that I missed last time around (like the Lawmaster).

Lawgiver - gun
Lawmaster - bike
Lawrod - rifle
Arbiter - shotgun

can't think of anymore off the top of my head

There was a "Widowmaker" shotgun used by the Justice Dept at some point too.  Dredd field tested it by blowing a load of guys brains out in a Megazine in the early 2000s if memory serves.  I cant think of any other Dept weapons right now either.

Its very cool to think that there will be an active Dredd miniature game available again.  I am a big fan of most things 2000AD. 

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 11:02:52 AM »
See, this sort of thing is just not helping.

I promised myself I was going to have a break from buying stuff when I had collected enough minis for my current OCD project, now Mongoose do this and I just know I will have to break my promise and load up on them, if only because its Mongoose and there's no guarantee that they'll be around in another 12 months.

Certainly need that ape mobster, and while I'm there one of those and one of those just to make the shipping worthwhile... You know how it goes...  >:(

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »
Anyone got size comparisons for the various Judge mini's out there? Citadel, Foundry and Clix's.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »
Anyone got size comparisons for the various Judge mini's out there? Citadel, Foundry and Clix's.

no photos and not at home at til the weekend... but the Foundry and Clix are very comparable... in fact, the Clix sculptor did most of the Judges for Foundry, the shoulder eagles are identical... the Citadel ones will be too small...

I use the Clix and Foundry judges together with no noticeable difference... even used the Clix to convert some riders for the Mongoose Lawmasters... you can't go wrong with those two together.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 07:18:38 PM »
.....I just know I will have to break my promise and load up on them, if only because its Mongoose and there's no guarantee that they'll be around in another 12 months.

That's a very good point and I might have to do an "essential" list and order it ASAP. The apes will of course be on it  lol

Certainly need that ape mobster, and while I'm there one of those and one of those just to make the shipping worthwhile... You know how it goes...  >:(

And I'm sure we'll all look forward to seeing them painted  :D