Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Judge Dredd Miniatures Game moves to Warlord Games  (Read 8551 times)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Judge Dredd Miniatures Game moves to Warlord Games
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:58:22 AM »
In part at least.  Its a "partnership" apparently.

(also, Im not sure that this is the right part of the forum for news like this or not, so sorry of its in the wrong place.)

LINK.

Warlord and Mongoose announce Judge Dredd partnership!
We are delighted to announce an agreement between these two progressive games companies that will see Warlord Games exclusively manufacture and distribute Mongoose Publishing’s Judge Dredd miniatures game.

Managing Director of Mongoose Publishing, Matthew Sprange, “This is a great step for the Judge Dredd miniatures game as we believe Warlord is the premier miniatures company and we have always been huge fans of their work. We have known the chaps working there for many years and look forward to working closely within them for many more.”

Paul Sawyer of Warlord Games: “We are very excited to be working with our old friend Matt on taking the Judge Dredd game to a wider audience . Many of us at Warlord are rabid Dredd and 2000AD fans and are looking forward to helping build on the solid platform built by the Mongoose team”.

Plans are already well underway for the range to be reorganised and repackaged as well as having a welter of new releases added. There are already plans for a hardback rulebook amongst other new additions. For more information about the Judge Dredd line or either company check out their websites:

www.warlordgames.com

www.mongoosepublishing.com
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:00:17 AM by cheetor »

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
Re: Judge Dredd Miniatures Game moves to Warlord Games
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 11:13:48 AM »
i suppose thats good News  ??? i just wonder how many Times the JD Range has been reorganised and repackaged already  lol >:D
 hopefully we'll see some new (affordable) Plastic Vehicles/Minis,a new Plastic Ganger Box would be nice at least  8)

Offline Penfold

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »
Having pledged at the Council of Judges level a while ago ( well..you have to get it all don't you :)  ) I'm watching this with great interest, especially since the releases we pledged for seem to have ground to a halt. I see the promised Manta, Mechisimo and Ultimate Lawbreakers have been given shiny new paintjobs but as yet no sure dates for the Backers.

Mongoose is one of those company's you want to believe in and so far they have held true to the amount of releases they promised, yet...something starts to niggle in your stomach when you read this.

Could it be i simply want to see the stuff i pledged for, of course, but then like most Kickstarter backers these days i tend to think I'm a patient man ( coughs...sedition wars...still waiting on next wave..coughs )

So again its back to fingers crossed to hope to see the rest of the things that we as backers were supposed to have helped get off the ground like the Biker gangs, Vehicles etc etc..

Please please Mongoose, don't prove that all our trust in you has been misguided.

Here's hoping...

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 11:40:56 AM »
Nottingham will soon sink with the weight of all that accumulate lead.........
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »
What's the betting that the prices climb? :?

Offline MongooseMatt

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
i just wonder how many Times the JD Range has been reorganised and repackaged already 

Well, this will be the second time in eight years. Not sure I would call that excessive...

Please please Mongoose, don't prove that all our trust in you has been misguided.

We got your back - this was one of the things we have been working towards. KS update coming out a little later today explaining what all this means - it is all good.

Nottingham will soon sink with the weight of all that accumulate lead.........

It does kinda seem that way...

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »

MC1 themed plastic sets would be great.  Its not like I need any more Dredd stuff at this stage of course, but decent plastic gangers (that had options to be assembled as citizens especially) would be great.

Plastic lawmasters would surely sell well, as would a good set of plastic judges.  From what I hear Warlord are good at that sort of thing too.

The only thing that bothers me about this so far is that I got a hardback copy of the JDMG rulebook in the post last week as part of my Kickstarter pledge.  It appears that book is redundant already due to a combined JDMG/Block War book coming out.  As I am due the hardback Block War too I am hoping that we get the combined book instead, as the Mongoose Block War book will be out of date before release it appears.

Still, despite some delays (and a lot of companies are victims of their own Kickstarter successes in that way) Mongoose have been true to their word with my Sector Chief + pledge, so I am not going to worry just yet.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »
What's the betting that the prices climb?

What's the betting they re-sculpt all the figures with less than amazing replacements?

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 07:08:23 PM »
Be nice to see Call to Arms get picked up by Warlord and refurbished with new Star Trek ships...
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »
What's the betting they re-sculpt all the figures with less than amazing replacements?
and then get Blind Pugh to cast them.
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »
As well as also waiting for the rest of my jd pledge I hope this will also give a kick to the Rogue trooper kickstarter too.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 11:47:50 PM »
My only fear, and it isn't a huge fear at this point, is the scales will change with the new manufacturer. I've already got two different scales with Judge Dredd, Mongoose and Citadel. They don't mix at all. What I don't need is more minis that fall somewhere in the middle. What I need even less are minis that are bigger then the Mongoose ones. If they get any bigger I can start building a statue park for my Citadel scale JD project.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 12:32:15 AM »
It's interesting how people are getting their terminology mixed up...

'Manufacture' and 'Design' are two very different things. Designs might be ADDED to the range, but manufacture and distribution will come from Warlord.

I think it's good news, hopefully we will see a marked improvement in quality, which can only be a good thing.

Offline Ssendam

• Scientist
    • Ssendam's Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 07:06:09 AM »
The Mongoose figures look really good, but possibly a bit limited? ... or is that the point of the KS project.

Still £100 for a manta prowl tank? Is it remote control?
"I've been a soldier for 12 years - it's my profession.  But if a soldier doesn't want peace in his soul then he's not a soldier any more - he's a killer.  A soldier fights for peace." Nadia Savchenko

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2013, 06:37:34 PM »
Be nice to see Call to Arms get picked up by Warlord and refurbished with new Star Trek ships...
Only if ADB let's them.