Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:46:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690815
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Aeronef pic heavy  (Read 4462 times)

Offline chinchilla

• Student
Aeronef pic heavy
« on: July 18, 2010, 07:31:26 PM »
Hi all, Just a quick battle from our clubs sunday games.  :)

Storm clouds were brewing over Great Britian today as the pride of the french navy, the Charlamange, was captured! All Her Majesty's navy had to do was establish a tow line and tug the vessel to the nearest port. The French, comprising of one Commerce Raider, one torpedo boat, and two patroll nefs had to retake the Charlamange and take it back to France.

The opening turn saw the british try and establish a line, with the destroyer class nef Hermies, but missing the deck. British gun boats moved out into an open and dispersed formation to attck the french.

All of the french forces increase speed and start to move in.

The British gunboats get into an engagment with the French torpedo nef and patroll nefs, in which two British gunboats were lost, but they did cause the French some damage, sinking one French patroll nef, before plummeting through the clouds.

The French Torpedo boat circled the Charlamange, while l'epee the commerce raider tried to board the stationary vessel (still no line could be thrown across the two ships after numerous attempts) but overshoots the Charlamange after a miscalculation in speed.

L'epee was forced to circle the vessel while, to the shock surprise of the french under fire from the damaged Charlamange( luckily the British had thought to put some crew onboard  lol) and the destroyer.
However L'epee made the second pass, throwing grapling hooks on the the Charalamnge. After brief fighting the Charalmange was back under French controll.

Thus a French victory.Thanks to Ross for putting on the game and supplying the miniatures.
Parts of the British and French fleets

Sorry about the poor picture quality and hope you enjoyed.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:11:58 AM by chinchilla »

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
Re: Aeronef battle report pic heavy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing, looks like fun.

I've got heaps of this stuff waiting to be painted along with ground terrain. In fact the only thing I've done for this project is paint a few nefs and put some clouds together. Naughty Thunderchicken.
Don't!

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
Re: Aeronef pic heavy
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 12:53:26 AM »
Could someone point me to some Nef rules reviews about how the game works etc? Been interested around the edges for awhile, might like to check further into it.
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:32:12 AM »
Great looking game.

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 11:42:31 AM »
Could someone point me to some Nef rules reviews about how the game works etc? Been interested around the edges for awhile, might like to check further into it.

A review of them are in Issue 4 of The Ancible (http://Http://www.the-ancible.com) which can be purchased for a very small sum of £1.50 an issue.

Back on subject, nice looking mini's you ahve there mate.  I love the rules as they are so simple to play but loads of options.

Become who you really are... [/i]

Offline chinchilla

• Student
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 02:39:06 PM »
They arn't mine, but i agree they look great.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 09:17:35 AM »
That's weird, photos at my old club....

Looks great though!

Offline RossBowrage

• Schoolboy
    • Abingdon Wargames Club- Home of Overlord (the show!)
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 01:15:31 AM »
Hi Luke,

Glad you enjoyed Sunday's 'Nef games.  However, I couldn't but notice you modestly omitted your successes as the French in game two when we replayed the scenario having swapped sides!

As everyone seemed to have a ripping time, I found myself finishing my Martian Invaders for Land Ironclads (the land rules into which Aeronef can plug) and have rebased my 'Nef on magnet bases.

Tonight I ran the Charlemagne scenario again for Jerry and Alan.  You'll no doubt be glad to hear that Alan (your opponent from June's big Napoleonic game who was also trying occupy that village) yet again showed how to make a last stand with aplomb! 

We had then had time to switch from the cold Channel to the sunny Caribbean, where the chaps of the RNAS has to defend a commercial passenger 'Nef from a rampant aerial jellyfish.  They were successful in bringing the beastie down, although Mr. McColl took the idea of acting as bait a little too literally, losing 50% of his hull points by the end of turn two...

Give a shout if you want to try Land Ironclads at some point- the plan is to have my Brits painted by the end of the week, and then move on to the Germans and Russians.

Cheers,
Ross
Crumbs, Chief!  What do we do now?

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 07:23:35 AM »
Ahh Ross, long time no speak.

Land Ironclads does look fun. Someone here has done an excellent photo-blog of his Land Ironclads titled 'Landfleet Regatta', which is a great source of inspiration.

Offline RossBowrage

• Schoolboy
    • Abingdon Wargames Club- Home of Overlord (the show!)
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 10:30:40 PM »
What Ho, Alderman, old boy! 

How's tricks with yourself and Han?  Keeping busy?

I need to track down Landfleet Regatta.  In the midst of plumbing the extension here at Bowrage Towers, I now look upon the following finished Land Ironclads:

3 x Imperial Russian Yekaterina
3 x British Warlords
3 x British Mk. II Turret Contraption Companies
6 x British Mk. IV Rocket Conveyor Contraption Companies

...and I'm making good progress upon the Sovereigns, Imperators, Britannics and Brunel Steam Tractor!

Give a shout if you swing by this neck of the woods over the next few weeks.

Cheers,
Ross

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 02:25:44 PM »
When I first saw this, I was of two minds about it needing to be moved to the 'all things Aeronef' sticky. Still not sure...

However, as always, I'm delighted to see some of beasts of the air in battle. I will protest slightly the lack of digs. I can testify they are lovely, burning as they crash into the sea.

Bad of me to gloat, but when you're opponent allows the different speeds to spread his ships out... ;->=

Still, neither of us had played for EVER so long; I was lucky to pick up a little quicker.

I give props for Aeronef being way simple, sharing enough similarities with Full Thrust to allow me to get my head around it fast, and actually simplifying things like threshold damage in comparison.  I'd like to fiddle with the altitude rules, but that's still simmering in me cranium.

Alas, I've not had a game since the Brits successfully deflected the Hun's attack on Confederacy's island fort off South Carolina. I tend not to care for alternate history with the ACW unfinished, even after decades, but when I'd seen his star fort island and the timberclads on the table for decoration, the scenario with European involvement in a puppet war just popped into my head.

Doug

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 08:43:05 PM »
What Ho, Alderman, old boy! 

How's tricks with yourself and Han?  Keeping busy?

I need to track down Landfleet Regatta.  In the midst of plumbing the extension here at Bowrage Towers, I now look upon the following finished Land Ironclads:

3 x Imperial Russian Yekaterina
3 x British Warlords
3 x British Mk. II Turret Contraption Companies
6 x British Mk. IV Rocket Conveyor Contraption Companies

...and I'm making good progress upon the Sovereigns, Imperators, Britannics and Brunel Steam Tractor!

Give a shout if you swing by this neck of the woods over the next few weeks.

Cheers,
Ross

Yes, keeping busy, too busy!!!! Juggling  real work, work for Alternative Armies and painting your miniatures!!!!

Wow, that is quite a large regatta you have got going there, sounds mighty impressive!!!

I will *definately* give you a shout.  ;)