Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for gigantic pulp/lost world style jungle forest canopy trees.  (Read 6389 times)

Offline Jodee Benavides

• Bookworm
Any leads?

Jodee

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Rain forest trees or savannah?

Schleich does some large trees (I have their baobab), notably the baobab and the akacia. Not cheap, but useable right out of the box.

EDIT:

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/action_figures/collectables/product_range/world_of_nature/wild_life/wild_life_plants_and_trees/index.html
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:45:52 AM by Argonor »
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
If you can find them, aquarium trees from Europet Bernina. They have some even bigger ones than the biggest ones in these pics even they're too small for you.

Offline DS615

• Scientist
    • Fandango Alpha
Those are good, but if you're looking for an actual canopy of trees, I too have been looking for something like that.

I have not done it yet, but the best I can come up with would be to construct a number of trunks that sit on the table.  Then, cover it with a mesh of some kind covered in flock and moss.  Different sections so that they can be lifted as the figures enter the area.

This is similar to the way that model railroaders build up a dense forest along the back of a layout, and I dont see any reason that it wouldn't work here.

If you do it, I'd love to see how it works out.  It might be a bit before I get to it, though this has sort of inspired me again!

- Scott

Offline Bookman1960

• Assistant
  • I'm a Librarian... Madam!
I Muts Have that Tree House!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »
Can you provide any product name or number that I may locate a source here in the U.S. for that lovely tree house, please!
I must have one!

KB

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
This is the website:
http://www.europet-bernina.com/company/brands/index.php?language=en

This is a pdf catalogue with all the models and codes (treehouse is on page 62):
http://www.europet-bernina.com/company/downloads/pdf/1_Aqua-Terra.pdf

Offline tima113

• Bookworm
Per DS615's post re: tree trunks and mesh/moss, I've seen sections of dense foam rubber (couch cushions/pillows) dyed green used as forest canopy and was considering this technique myself. Moss/foliage mesh could dress up the foam rubber.

I have an idea for a pulp game where characters had to cross the jungle board and swinging tarzan-syle through the jungle canopy would be an option for crossing the board. Haven't realized the jungle canopy terrain yet.